My camera is leaking.

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Connahhh, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    But I'm still happy with these. I'm halfway through another roll right now, so I'm going to tape up all around the back and body and see if that solves it. If it does, I can get it fixed. If not, I'll be really bummed. Haha.

2711778725_fb47ca373f.jpg
    Couldn't be happier with this one. Loved the fog, the exposure, everything just worked. And I actually was staring into the wlf for awhile trying to decide if I should shoot a frame. So glad I did. This may be my favorite shot of mine so far with the blad.

2712590826_ef89f7c888.jpg

2711776387_48abf02e05.png

View attachment 229661

Diptych coming, too!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2008
  2. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Thats to bad. I still really like the first two. Reminds me of shooting with my Rollie Twin 2.8 Planar. What Camera are you using?

Gregory

3. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    Hasselblad 500c, 80/2.8 C, WLF, A12 with another A12 coming.

Thanks Greg.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Looks like the issue you noticed in the other thread is repeatable ow. I'm glad you figured it out. Do let us know the result of the taping. I'd guess it's where the dark slide goes in.

5. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    Chris, it has to be from there. I brought back the first roll and saw the leak there, too. I had a roll that I taped the entire left side and it was fine, so I know it's leaking from there.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Maybe they sell a foam seal kit for it. I got a Don Goodman foam kit along with the FG I recently bought in our FS forum. It went in quickly and easily.

7. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    They do sell a foam seal kit, I bought one and installed it. I have had this leak through both the old and new foam seal kits.

Some friendly folks over at Photo.net have offered some advice that I'm going to try. I'll keep you guys informed.

8. I currently have a borrowed Bronica with a similar issue. The last roll was fine though and I didn't use the dark slide at all other than loading the film in the separated back to start with so it may be the dark slide itself is causing the leak at the slot on the Bronica.

Ronnie

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That's the only time you should use it.

10. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    So you don't keep it in when not using the back ( when film is still inside ) and storing it ? Up to now that's what I did, some photos did have a faint light leak so maybe that's the reason :confused:

11. You should only use the dark slide if the back is not on the camera is I think the point Chris was making.

Ronnie