My camera shop - spot the problem..

With all the recent chatter about local camera shops, I couldn't resist bemoaning my local camera store. This place has been in business for years and is only 5 blocks from one of my offices. I should be in camera heaven being able to sneak off from work and browse the aisles of glorious equipment I am lusting after.

Instead, here is the view from the street.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Now for those of you with eagle eyes, you've already spotted what gnaws at me every time I drive by. For those who have missed it, here is a close up view of their window proudly displaying the banner for the latest Nikon offering.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, that is a thick layer of dust on the window surrounding the sign for Nikon's latest... the F4. Needless to say, Clearwater is not a photographer's shopping mecca!

And I bet he has a hard time figuring out why bussiness is getting less and less. I bet he throws up his arms and says YUP those big box stores and the internet is killing me.
That water stained sunfaded picture of main street is incredibly inticing too! he said with a little sarcasm...

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
Yeah, that's not too enticing, lol!

Though I could stare at those old photographs all day long. I love things like that. It's too bad they weren't better taken care of. One might think that a photo service store would properly frame and preserve those pieces of history!

A

adrianaitken

Hey, no dissing my first pro Nikon (which I still have in pristine condition although retired from active service).

Gee...I dont know....
seems like the place to get a movie projector and an Enlarger :)
the "backroom" might be a true collectors heaven...?

lets start bidding on the whole store :)

Can you make it a B&W pic? That would set the mood I think?

I bet they have some interesting stuff there though? I would like to rummage around in there. If nothing, else, lots of old pictures to look at.

Latest posts

Top Bottom