My cat...again, but with new toy

Discussion in 'Birds' started by nburwell, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Just got my 18-70 in the mail on Tuesday, thanks to Jeff. I finally got the chance to take some sample pictures of my favorite subjects, my cats. I'll be in Baltimore this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to use my new toy this weekend. Also, these were shot with my SB-600.

bandit3.
    bandit2.
    bandit1.

2. What a pretty kitty! Despite the fact that I'm allergic to them, I'll trade you one furry cat for a puppy who got skunked this morning for the second time in 2 weeks.....seriously, I'd have no qualms about boxing her up and shipping her right to your door....smell and all!

You and I have nearly the same outfit now, except I have a 70-300mm rather than a 55-200mm. Do you use your SB600 a lot? Mine tends to sit unused...I'm not used to having an external flash, and I just forget about it most of the time :oops:

3. saturnine

saturnine Guest

Agree with Sommer: beautiful cat! I'm also allergic to cats, but I still love them :D

I sometimes also forget my SB-600, but when I bring it along, I get some amazing shots, that just makes me remember to bring it more! Sometimes I feel a little awkward walking around with it, but it's worth it!

4. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Beautiful kitty

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shots of a pretty kitty Nick. ;-)

I used to leave my SB-800 in the bag too much, but I use it all the time now. It's just a matter of getting used to using an external flash.

6. Nice shots you will put the lens to good use, I love using the SB800