My Christmas Card! Yours?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andreasb, Dec 6, 2005.

1. I want to take the opportunity to wish you all a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year, mine will be spent driving in Arizona, Nevada and California, hope for some good shots to share when I get back!

I have to say that this year (even I) have learnt a lot and I think I'm a lot better Photograper. Highlights of the Photoyear for me was the 3 day session with Ron Reznick in Yosemite, a trip to San Diego and I snuck in a day at Bolsa Chica and of course joining NikonCafe in February. I want to thank you all and especially Frank, Patrick and the Moderators for providing such a wonderful environment to share experiences and get new friends from all over the world.

Every year I use one of my photos as a Christmas card, with some twist to it, and this years shot was taken last Christmas, the first together with my wife Melanie and my two step daughters Gwen and Meredyth (we where married last year!) They wanted to buy a tree but I pointed out that we have some on our lot that we where planning to take down anyway and therefore here it is:

The ugliest Christmas tree ever! The shot was taken with my D2H, and a Russian Manual lens, Helios 85mm F1.5, without any flash, WB all wrong, still pretty cool I think! No idea what F stop or speed .....
    original.

2. Wonderful Andreas. I would love to send these to a few insurance people who only contact me once a year, with a Christmas card.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays and happy new year. Have fun on your trips and be safe.

3. Thank you Audreas and Merry Christmas to you too.

4. Thank you Andreas. It was a real pleasure to get to shoot with you a while back at Juanita. I still am hoping to get up your way as well. It also looks like you had a great outing with Bill the other day. Merry Christmas to you and your new family. Take care my friend.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Marry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours....
    Thank you for the showing of your nice card :>)))

(I have not made a card yet)

6. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Nice card - and Merry Christmas to you and family

7. Ok I'll join in. Here is my card for the year.

Happy Holidays to all and I hope to talk to
    more of you in the New Year.

Cheers
    Robin

[​IMG]

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Robin,
    Nicely done.
    Happy Holidays to you as well.
    Hope to see losts of x-mas camera goody pics. :>)))

9. Very Nice card Robin love the colors and composition.

Happy Holidays!

10. Andreas, considering where you live with all those fir trees around, that tree is pitiful!! LOL That wins "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" contest for sure!!!

11. It sure does, win that and only that competition, but then again, we didn't have to pay any extra....