My "Chubby" arrived today -- PIX ADDED

So immediately quit what I was doing and rushed to the store to pick it up before it was accidently given to someone else. Will attempt to get a shot or two tomorrow.

Chubby is a description that is right on target - glad I have a monopod and some tripods to use for support.

For those who have not heard the term before, Chubby is the CAFE assigned nickname for Nikon's 200 f2.

Last edited by a moderator:
This lens has one other really fine attribute. It is great for doing arm curls and building wrist strength :biggrin:

And here's a thread making me wish I had bought the one that is probably still available.

Sheesh. It's only money right?

Congrats!!!! You will love that lens. I'm excited for you. It is almost like the announcement of a new family member.

I call mine "Baby" as it a bundle of joy to handle and use.:smile:

Remember these eyes?

OhThoseEyes_8541.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Now think what they'll be like with a D800E and "Chubby", on a tripod, with good light.

Welcome to the club... now let's see some pics!!

And here's a thread making me wish I had bought the one that is probably still available.

Sheesh. It's only money right?

Buy it, and you'll only cry once.
Buy something else and cry everyday, lol :tongue:

Welcome. I bought mine used a few years ago from local brick and mortar photo shop that has since gone OOB. Saw it in the display and asked the owner what it was. Then I asked why did Nikon make it. His response, "they were just showing off." I've probably used it more than any other single lens.

Latest threads

Top Bottom