My crazy idea

Where do I start?

I had this mad Idea of just using one remote trigger to fire off 2 cameras and two flashguns at the same time. Mad I Know.
Well I already had a D800 and D810 cameras - A pixels flash master control and a receivers to fire of both the flashguns but only one Phottix camera trigger and receiver, so onto the internet to search for another Phottix WXD-188 receiver. Now these are no longer being produced but found one in the USA so ordered it and it has just arrived.

GREAT me thinks!!!! erm no, the transmitter and new receiver didn't pair up- sod it. Had a look on line and found it was possible to pair them up together via pushing the buttons on the both transmitter (to switch it on) and the receiver in a particular sequence. Now me very happy:D .

Ok now the setup.
First of all getting the cameras to work on the same settings- as well as the Pixel master to the receivers on the same channel,. so now just by using one trigger I should be able to fire off two cameras and two flashguns with one trigger.

next was to video it in slowmo so you can see what happened

Did it work?

Last edited:
What is the practical purpose of being able to do this with two camera systems at the same time?

Mike I was thinking along the lines of either two different angles or stills with one and video with other (Menu G4 in both cameras). Nothing worse than waiting for something like this

j0DxWsz.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And have the bird fly off with the sound of a camera shutter scaring it and the bird facing the wrong way. I actually had given it some thought wanting a fairly close up against using a long distance lens. So now I can shoot with 2 cameras at the same time with or without flash. As I already had all but the second camera receiver for about £20 posted from the USA it was too good a chance to miss, let alone just getting a receiver as this version is like finding hens teeth.
Just think along the lines of a bird feeding station one camera videoing and the other taking the shots, well that was my idea

Have to admit I did curse a bit when the transmitter and" new " receiver didn't pair up, thought money wasted but found out how to do it in the end

Last edited:
I the original Matrix movie they used THE F5 for still shots of Neo in mid air to give the effect of being able to walk all the way around him when he was suspended in mid air. What you're trying to do will work, The Matrix is proof.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom