My D2H arrived!!!!! Hmm, batteries first, Beast later!

Update:

The D2H finally arrived yesterday, 8/19/2005! I am insanely happy with it. Much to learn! More to follow in the macro and floral forum as soon as I can get outside and find a few willing subjects! :lol:

Batteries first, then a ring flash, and then... :?:

Okay my LLD is in remission for a few months while I recover from the shock of acquiring a D2H with only 1600 actuations and a newly replaced CCD and metering system!!! Phew!! :D

I couldn't be more excited about this. Thank you all for the idea! Special thanks to Keith for sending me the lead. I spent the entire weekend trying to decide between a pro body or the Beast! Sorry, but the deal was too good to pass up. I think I will be content for a while...yeah right! :lol: 8)

Crystall

I know what you went through. I had to satisfy Body Lust Disease before I could deal with LLD.

I had a D2H and enjoyed it.

Can't wait to see your images.

Russ

Crystall, Crystall, Crystall....

You definitely did the right thing. You are going to be in heaven. There is just nothing like holding a piece of precision machinery in your hands. The feeling is just indescribable. Just wait. 8)

Good as the D70 is, it ain't even close. Just don't point the machine gun at anything that you don't want to kill. :lol:

Congratulations. I'm sure that you are going to have a ton of questions about your new toy. Just let me know if I can help. :wink:

Russ Smith said:
Crystall

I know what you went through. I had to satisfy Body Lust Disease before I could deal with LLD.

Russ

Oh . . . THAT sort of body lust . . . :shock:

Flew said:
Crystall, Crystall, Crystall....

You definitely did the right thing. You are going to be in heaven. There is just nothing like holding a piece of precision machinery in your hands. The feeling is just indescribable. Just wait. 8)

Good as the D70 is, it ain't even close. Just don't point the machine gun at anything that you don't want to kill. :lol:

Congratulations. I'm sure that you are going to have a ton of questions about your new toy. Just let me know if I can help. :wink:

Frank, Frank, Frank,

I just couldn't be happier! Thank you for planting the seed. I contacted my brother to see if I could interest him in my wonderful D70. I would love to keep it, but I need to start saving funds for my .... um .... next lens. :lol: Seriously, I barely used my 17-55, so there is no guarantee that I will use the Beast. I want to make certain that I select the right lens. It might just be that wonderful 200mm micro. I can tell you this, I am definitely purchasing a Sigma ring flash for my floral closeups. Flash uints don't count towards LLD, do they?? :shock: I will post as soon as my wonderful D2H arrives! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are all sick, sick, sick (and if you don't believe me, just ask any one of our spouses :roll:).

:twisted:

CrystallP said:
Seriously, I barely used my 17-55, so there is no guarantee that I will use the Beast.
Oh yes you would. The 28-70 is a phenomenal lens. Although it feels huge on a D70, it is perfectly at home on a D2 series. Optically, it is superior to the 24-120 and 18-70.

jfrancis said:
Almost hate to mention it, but there is a 28-70 mm for sale over at FM :)

Umm, like I said yesterday, LALALALALA, not listening! :lol: Just kidding! :lol: I will have to wait a bit. I tend to capture nature more than people. That's why I didn't use the 17-55 much. I typically use my micro, wide angle, and long zoom lense more than the mid range zoom lens.

jfrancis said:
CrystallP said:
Seriously, I barely used my 17-55, so there is no guarantee that I will use the Beast.
Oh yes you would. The 28-70 is a phenomenal lens. Although it feels huge on a D70, it is perfectly at home on a D2 series. Optically, it is superior to the 24-120 and 18-70.

Now that is good to know. Maybe I can convince my brother to purchase those lenses and I can get the Beast! :twisted: :twisted:

This hobby is so much fun. You guys are great!!

jfrancis said:
Russ Smith said:
Crystall

Russ

Oh . . . THAT sort of body lust . . . :shock:

I think I missed something! Nevermind, I don't want to know! :roll:

Russ Smith said:
Crystall

Russ

Thanks Russ. I can't believe how excited I am. I even volunteered to split shipping so I could get it on Friday and have it for the weekend. Tsk, tsk, tsk!

G

GreenCountry

Hey all, i'm the seller of the 28-70 "Beast" over on FM. Happy to see some Nikonians with serious equipment lust like myself (though, I'm tearing myself away from it - which is why I'm selling my 28-70).

I'm also selling a 17-35 AF-S ED-IF over there too.

Anyway, just sending greetings! :)

I don't even have a spouse and I know i'm sick sick sick...now thats bad.

Congrats Crystall...

Wish I could go a D2H, while waiting for a D100 replacement.

Butttttttttt gotta pay off the LLD first :>))

omg

What a bunch of sick pups.

Hey Cryatall I am happy for you. As a confirmed D2H shooter I know that you will like this camera. Just like Frank said it feels like a precision instrument. You should start doing arm curls with your weights because this is no lightweight camera.

GreenCountry said:
Hey all, i'm the seller of the 28-70 "Beast" over on FM. Happy to see some Nikonians with serious equipment lust like myself (though, I'm tearing myself away from it - which is why I'm selling my 28-70).

Greetings back at you 8).

You're selling off some wonderful lenses, my friend. What other goodies are you trying to unload? Gotta 85/1.4 or a 105/2 DC to dispose of?

Hi crystal,

you will love the d2h. It's a real machine.
BTW i am sure you will use the "beats" it's one of my favourite.

Alex

severe suffering lld and cld according to my wife

Crystal, as one who suffers from neither LLD or BLD I just don't understand this fascination for the "new bits", not one little bit at all :wink: .

However, having gone through several "1 body years" and then purchasing a D70 last fall when my D2H went in for repair, I won't be without a backup again. Not only for a backup, but having the 2nd body around with a different lens is a real help often times. While you will love the D2H, after almost 2 years with mine I still love it, keep that D70 around if at all possible, you never know when it might just save your bacon. As well as being a very good way to carry that new lens around :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crystal..good for you! Try zapping off a high speed string of images with the D2H and you'll understand how incredible this pro body is.

It's almost better than...well...you know...um nevermind!

:lol:

Rich

G

GreenCountry

Uncle Frank said:
GreenCountry said:

Greetings back at you 8).

You're selling off some wonderful lenses, my friend. What other goodies are you trying to unload? Gotta 85/1.4 or a 105/2 DC to dispose of?

Unfortunately, this might be the end of my selling spree, the next thing in line would be a much less sexy Sigma 70-200 2.8, Sigma 70-300 4-5.6, or Sigma 14mm 2.8 non-fisheye (if anyone's interested, please email/pm me using the button). The thing is I'm "just" a hobbyist - and I can't justify all the money that LLD has caused me to spend. So, I'm accepting my humble limitations, and until I get good enough to justify carrying the Beast around, I'm going to stick with the much smaller and cheaper 35-70. I did grab a 17-55 though on the way out of rehab. :D

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom