1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My D300 BooHoo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OHcorgis, Aug 13, 2008.

1. After a lot of testing and a long talk with Nikon Tech Service who looked at some of my pics with D300-70-200VR, they came up with a severe case of back focusing and I should send the camera in to Nikon Service NY for repair.

I noticed the problem when I shot a dog agility trial with blurred dogs and sharp backgrounds or sharp on one side. At first I thought it was my doing, but testing the same venue, same lens with a D200 proved to me that my D300 had a focus problem, even reset to default and cleaning the contacts on the lens.

Hope I don't have to wait a few months to see my D300 back!:mad: 

2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    When I sent my D200 in (california) a few weeks ago, it was gone for abought 2 weeks door to door. Make sure and include a copy of your reciept, this is the only item they use to verify waranty.

3. I am so glad you said this. I have a copy of my sales receipt, but no copy of the usual "warranty" paper you get with lenses. Gads, I looked all over for that, confused, because I don't throw those things out. I guess they don't send those along with the bodies.

4. All they want to see is the sales receipt anyway. The papers you fill out and send to Nikon only gives them a profile of you and your equipment. Really serves no purpose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.