1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My D300 thinks my tokina 12-24 is my Tamron 17-50...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by cleoent, Jul 16, 2008.

1. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    :( 

What am I doing wrong here?

I'm talking about in AF fine tune. My 17-50 likes a setting of -2. It's the only one of my lenses that needs adjusting, BUT whenever i plug in my 12-24 the camera gives it the -2 setting of the 17-50. :( 

All other lenses show up right, i'm using the "saved value" field not the "default value" field.

2. Micky

Micky

Feb 29, 2008
    Vermont
    Same problem with Sigma lenses...

I will bet there is no problem with your Nikon lenses...

I have been going around and around with Sigma about this, seems they don't want to admit their lens chips may be incompatible with the Nikon lens recognition system.

Anyway, I have run into the same problem with most of my Sigma lenses, not a single Nikon lens poses a problem. Sorry, I don't have any Tamron or Tokina stuff so I cannot comment on that...

3. bigwilly

bigwilly

Oct 19, 2007
    Toronto
    Really? Each of my Sigmas are recognized just fine with my D300. Just that none of them seem to need any adjustment, all are at their sharpest at the 0 setting, with the exception of my old / 2nd hand 28-70mm f/2.8 which is back focusing beyond what the adjustments of the D300 can compensate for. I'll be taking it to Gentec to have it calibrated.

4. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    are there any solutions?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.