My D4 - My precious.

....200mm 1/320 sec @ F 5.6
JDP_0052.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Chiba

Man, I love this shot. I realize this thread is about the camera but what a great moment!

I was using the D4 yesterday with 200 f2 and felt like a total git. There I was with over 10 LBS of state of the art camera gear and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to switch focus from AFS to AFC. I wanted to also test the 3D tracking on moving subjects and nothing.. Went into the LCD menu.. nothing..
Got home and cracked the manual and found you have to hold down what I didn't even realize was a button on top of the AF/M switch while moving the command dials..
So the physical C, S, M switch on the D700 etc isn't there? Bizarre. Not that I ever touch mine. Set to continuous, using AF-on, and never touch it again.

Man, I love this shot. I realize this thread is about the camera but what a great moment!
Nice shot, but is that a moment? Looks posed to me (I'm not criticising it, it just doesn't look like a moment).

So the physical C, S, M switch on the D700 etc isn't there? Bizarre. Not that I ever touch mine. Set to continuous, using AF-on, and never touch it again.

Nice shot, but is that a moment? Looks posed to me (I'm not criticising it, it just doesn't look like a moment).

The physical switch is there, with two positions (AF & M). There is a button on the center of the switch that you press and hold and then rotate one of the dials to change between AF-S, AF-C etc. Much like the D7000.

Was there an PP done to your pictures? I've noticed that the colors from the D4 are vivid but not artificial looking. Thanks for the share.

I do a bit PP sometimes as I see fit, nothing major though.

Does this mean you have "S" mode tied to the Shutter release and "C" tied to the AF on button?

Well, they noticed my 200 F2 pointing at them, who wouldn't. I didn't pose them, just said "get close" and that's what happened. What I felt at the time was a strong connection but that's only my interpretation.

Sure is a neat capture! D4 came in handy :)

Thanks and thank you for all your comments, guys.
The photos below were all from my newly acquired Zeiss 50mm f2 MP

JDP_0168.jpg

JDP_0186.jpg

JDP_0253-2.jpg

JDP_0167.jpg

JDP_0201.jpg

I'm happy with this combo!

Chiba

Well, they noticed my 200 F2 pointing at them, who wouldn't. I didn't pose them, just said "get close" and that's what happened. What I felt at the time was a strong connection but that's only my interpretation.
Well I stand happily corrected.

Were they friends, or random people in the park?

Man, theres one in every forum, isnt there? :rolleyes: yes, it is a moment..a moment in time, posed or otherwise, that has been captured. Nowhere do i see spontaneity in the definition.

mo·ment
   [moh-muhnt] Show IPA
noun
an indefinitely short period of time; instant: I'll be with you in a moment.
the present time or any other particular time (usually preceded by the ): He is busy at the moment.
a definite period or stage, as in a course of events; juncture: at this moment in history.
importance or consequence: a decision of great moment.
a particular time or period of success, excellence, fame, etc.: His big moment came in the final game.

Get a hobby.

Im LOVING that Zeiss, I wish you hadnt done that!

I'm loving it too!!

how bad is it? I was afraid to look.

$1283 from B & H
It's bad but for me worth the bad :smile:

dz1.jpg

At the same time that I'm learning the new Zeiss I'm getting more acquainted with the D4. It's amazing...

Here are some snaps from my trip to Disney.

JDP_0281.jpg

JDP_0292.jpg

I thought the Small World ride was a great place to test high iso as well as my MF skills with the Zeiss.

JDP_0317.jpg

JDP_0326.jpg

JDP_0339.jpg

JDP_0343.jpg

Later I really pushed high iso in the Haunted Mansion @ 128000
I had a really tough time in here.. pitch black except for what they lit up 10 feet in front of you. I couldn't find the "mode" button on top of the camera to switch to manual. Much smaller than the D3 series button.. Luckily I had the sub selector set to spot metering when pushed in. The only problem with that was pressing it in gets confused with moving it to the side and changing focus point position. I'm going to have to figure out a better alternative for spot metering..

JDP_0397.jpg

JDP_0401.jpg

JDP_0404.jpg

JDP_0432.jpg

JDP_0426.jpg

JDP_0652.jpg

JDP_0468.jpg

Today I plan on prying my Zeiss off in favour of the 85 1.4
I feel like this camera does have a bit of a learning curve compared with my D3. That camera I'm able to operate without needing to think.. Hopefully I get there soon with D4!

JDP_0368.jpg

Chiba

one simple ergonomics question... cosndiering that after addic red dot "REC" button the mode swtich (the one that changes PSAM modes) was move little more back and toward center of the camera, do you have any problems when trying to change mode when holding stadnard grip during shooting... do you have to alter your right hand position in horizontal mode to change the mode ie. from A to S

Latest threads

Top Bottom