1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My D700 is here

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by Nuteshack, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

they're at the warehouse in Salem Oregon -> i can pick it up @4pm
    :eek: 

2. And we're off...!!!
    Congrats Nute, I look forward to your first impressions (and images!).

3. Congrats Nute!!!!

4. If you lived over on this coast 4:00 would only be an hour and a half away. :biggrin: Enjoy your new camera!

5. Oh shut up!!! just kidding... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ritz mailed me the notice saying mine shipped but no tracking number yet. :rolleyes: :confused: :Angry::Curved::mad: :wink:

6. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    congrats!!!

7. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Right tool for the right people. :cool: 

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

well just one little problem ...i don't have the 3k they want for the gizmo
    :frown::mad: :Curved::Confused::Crunk::Shocked: :840::112:

9. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    If you can wait, wait. Price will eventually go down to $2500ish end of this year. In the meantime, just shoot with your D200 + 85mm f/1.4, your photos are stunning as is. :wink:

10. I heard the D700 doesn't shoot properly at apertures f1.4-2.8, so don't worry about it

:Teeth:

11. JCole

JCole Guest

Errr:eek:  I'm jealous...:Teeth: Cool Nute, now that you have a D700 it just means it will rain solid until I'm up there in September and I will have plenty of water in Silver Falls State Park:smile:

12. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Agree on this one. And the waiting will make you stronger (if it don't kill ya :eek: )

Just curious (and it's not my business so feel free to ignore) are you selling your photos or just shooting for personal enjoyment? If you are not selling I'd look hard into it, if for nothing else but to finance the hobby. Many many many full time professionals look very mediocre in comparison.

13. Eye Spy

Eye Spy Guest

I just picked mine up this afternoon from my local shop. $2849.

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks for the kind words, Peter:smile:

i turn down a lot of work. and when i do pick it up i do it ona donation basis (Kaylee beniv account). when Kaylee was first smittin with brain cancer this community rallied to support us. i still feel the need to pay them back. this is one way i feel i can do it...but i hear u. about time this passion start paying for itself:Love:

15. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

congrats Mindy ...$2849? how did u manage that???
    :Love:

16. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

it's not in my grips, YET:confused: 

17. The longest 2 hours and 25 minutes!!!!!! and the the LONG wait for the battery to charge. So by midnight we should see your first wide opens . . . . .

18. Eye Spy

Eye Spy Guest

:wink:

19. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

no fair..lol
    :biggrin:

20. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    CONGRATULATIONS, Nute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.