My Dad

a member of the Greatest Generation. He fought in WWII and was 70% disabled. He (gladly) enlisted. He was there on that BIG day. He lived to be 92 and had a wonderful and full life. I told him he was my hero and his generation saved our country. We seem to forget sometimes where we come from and the people who gave everything so we could live like we
do.

dsc_6245.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
What a wonderful portrait! I admire your Dad and the ones that stepped up to the call to protect this great nation of ours! The men who served in battle or for 20-30 years, deserve our respect!

I honor him and wish I could tell him thank you. A neighbor boy who was a Green Beret was killed in Afghanistan about a month ago. Our hearts are still very sad. I’m so grateful to all who have sacrificed so much. Your dad included.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Tremendous honor and courage, your dad. And a great photo, Randy. My dad was part of that group who dropped everything to go off and essentially save the world.

Looking back that’s exactly what they did, save the world
Imagine a world owned by the nazis
I have often thought about that, Randy. I came across a few books of ration coupons when clearing out some of my mother's belongings after she passed, and I thought about the sacrifices on the home front, too.

Many of the blessings we have today are the direct result of our Greatest Generation parents' sacrifices, doing whatever it takes.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Randy,
it took me some time to write something here.
First of all I like to say how much I feel sorry for your loss.

Your dad was a great man who did not save only your country, but mine to. He was one of them who brought freedom and democracy to us.

I borrow my head and say "Thank you and good bye" to a great person
Klaus

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom