My Dad

Real Name
David
That depends on the person. My wife and I refuse to use social media.

A long time ago a pundit explained that social media brings our distant relationships closer to us and pushes our close relationships further away. Bingo!.....
I had no choice but to try when I was doing weddings. But now I use it for specific groups and content, I really just treat them like another special interest forum. I do have some friends that I keep in contact with through it, maybe a few former clients. But not for family.

My father was in the army/air force in the war ( he was a flight surgeon) and saw combat over Italy. He never said a word about it when he came home. He did get a purple heart, etc.

Good for you for doing this, Randy. I wish I had done the same before my father died in 2000 at age 90. He didn't fight in the war (he was bit too old) but he did work in a gunpowder factory during the war and ran a USO late in the war.

I had a first cousin who was a fighter/bomber pilot and flew 99 missions in Italy. He also was reluctant to discuss his experiences.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom