My dad's 24+ yrs old lens

Nikkor 50mm f/1.4AI, it is a bliss to use on FX format "again". :smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some nice results here, well done.

I'm agree with that I think you're saying about formats, I had a 50mm AF lens for a little while for use on DX and promptly sold it on because I never 'got on' with the focal lenght. On full frame however (in my case film) I love the 50mm focal lenght and so continue to use my MF lens regually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got some nice results here, well done.

I'm agree with that I think you're saying about formats, I had a 50mm AF lens for a little while for use on DX and promptly sold it on because I never 'got on' with the focal length. On full frame however (in my case film) I love the 50mm focal length and so continue to use my MF lens regularly.
Thanks. Precisely, 50mm is finally a "normal" lens again. :cool: It is also a lot easier to manual focus with a bigger, brighter viewfinder.

Awesome shots Walter. I love MF lenses they are built to last forever. The food looks good. Is that deep fried squid? I haven't had those for a long time. Yum!

Do you find focusing using the green dot easy on your FX camera?

Very nice images, Walter. Like Robert, the three 50s I owned never got used on my DX camera. But that is probably going to change when my D700 arrives. Although, I'm probably going to give the Sigma 1.4 a chance first :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome shots Walter. I love MF lenses they are built to last forever. The food looks good. Is that deep fried squid? I haven't had those for a long time. Yum!

Do you find focusing using the green dot easy on your FX camera?

Close, broiled squid. :biggrin: Focusing is easy with the green dot and arrows, it's just that I haven't touched a MF lens a real long time (years ago when I first shot with my dad's FE), takes time getting used to. :redface:

Very nice images, Walter. Like Robert, the three 50s I owned never got used on my DX camera. But that is probably going to change when my D700 arrives. Although, I'm probably going to give the Sigma 1.4 a chance first :biggrin:
You will love the focal length and FX's DOF. :cool:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom