1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My dad's 24+ yrs old lens

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by pointa-b-c, Aug 12, 2008.

1. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4AI, it is a bliss to use on FX format "again". :smile:

1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Got some nice results here, well done.

I'm agree with that I think you're saying about formats, I had a 50mm AF lens for a little while for use on DX and promptly sold it on because I never 'got on' with the focal lenght. On full frame however (in my case film) I love the 50mm focal lenght and so continue to use my MF lens regually.

3. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Thanks. Precisely, 50mm is finally a "normal" lens again. :cool:  It is also a lot easier to manual focus with a bigger, brighter viewfinder.

4. babaman001

babaman001

Jul 26, 2008
    NZ
    Awesome shots Walter. I love MF lenses they are built to last forever. The food looks good. Is that deep fried squid? I haven't had those for a long time. Yum!

Do you find focusing using the green dot easy on your FX camera?

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Very nice images, Walter. Like Robert, the three 50s I owned never got used on my DX camera. But that is probably going to change when my D700 arrives. Although, I'm probably going to give the Sigma 1.4 a chance first :biggrin:

6. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    7.jpg

Close, broiled squid. :biggrin: Focusing is easy with the green dot and arrows, it's just that I haven't touched a MF lens a real long time (years ago when I first shot with my dad's FE), takes time getting used to. :redface:

You will love the focal length and FX's DOF. :cool: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.