My daughter and the beast!

Discussion in 'People' started by stm69, Nov 13, 2005.

1. stm69

stm69

Aug 10, 2005
    No, I haven't done an arranged marriage for $$$; she's too young.... yet! 13 months old, when she's 13 years old I'll have to start breaking out the baseball bat buah hahahaha.

I finally bit the bullet and got a previously loved 28-70 2.8 off ebay, and have been playing with it. It's quite a bit heavier, and I've had lots of false starts, focus @ 2.8 is really really picky. I've picked out some shots here from the last 2 weeks or so while fall is still around to share.

Please feel free to critque or give some pointers!

[​IMG]

Her first winter coat! Mommy's real paranoid, it's actually like 65 out and Elizabeth is all bundled up. Can someone explain why her left hand is less out of focus from her right? Motion blur?

[​IMG]

This picture is a tad softer than I thought it would be. Indoors @ 2.8 with fill flash from internal D70 flash. I had to bribe her with a frosted mini wheat each time to get her to smile, then move my hand out of the way and then snap quick. Took like 10 tries to get this shot, I don't envy people who shoot kids portraits for a living!

[​IMG]

I really like this picture, she was sitting on my belly as I laid in the grass facing up towards the tree. The beast definately has some great bohkeh. I wish I had the foresight to pop up the internal flash for some fill, but was too late to capture the moment, she rolled right off me shortly after. Any idea on how I might lighten just the eyes a bit?

[​IMG]

That explains the cell phone bill!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

[​IMG]

A few days later the leaves really changed colors beautifully and started falling. We sat Elizabeth down in a pile, and mommy kept dumping leaves on her. Burst mode with D70, my favorite action shot.

[​IMG]

She's all covered up now and loving it!

[​IMG]

Finally she realized that she might even get her head dunked under leaves and struggled and got up. I know I'm biased, but her smile can melt away my day's woes in a heartbeat.

There we go! Any critiques/comments welcome!

Sam

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Man I just love this shot
    [​IMG]

The rest are good, but that is great.

3. Ok you want critique you will get critique

Lets begin with the good part of my critique

Shots #4 #5 #6 and #7 are great. Perfect work love them.

Shot #1 you could have shot it little less wide open so maybe at F/4 to give it better sharpness.

Shot #2 is a ok photo for the album. Nothing wrong with it just not as appealing as the last few shots that shows what work your capable off.

Shot #3 is also very beautifull. I would duplicate the layer in adobe photoshop. Then put it on screen mode. Then give it a layer mask and hide all. Then i would paint in the black layer of the layermask with white over the parts that could be lighter. Like her face. To brighten it up a bit.

Like this:
    ---
    [​IMG]

But if you need to earn back your lens then show the shots #4/#5/#6/#7 and you will have plenty of children portrait photography paid jobs.

Greetings and thanks for sharing your lovely work,
    Vince