My daughter at the track meet

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    My daughter is the reason I started going to track meets in the first place.
    Here's a shot of her at her office.

2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Keep shooting Jeff.....Get as many shots as you can. You will love them later.

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Ah yes....the Discus! I used to throw Shot Put and Discus in HS too. A very under-appreciated and under-photographed event.

4. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    My daughter had a great day..one of her best ever. Unfortunately, she got beat by a girl who broke a school record for discus throw. And 2nd place was only one inch behind the record breaker. Third was just behind them. My daughter finished 4th, but not bad considering the high level of competition.
    Just from watching, I know it's not nearly as easy as it looks.

5. af looks soft Jeff
    aim for the eyes
    when u USM this pic see if the fence focus gets sharper
    fences are famous for stealing AF
    the net on the back of soccer goals get's me alot

maybe tighten the crop on her right and leave the space in the dir she is gonna throw (on the left)

6. It was the reason behind me buying the digital camera! I wanted pictures, and got them...by the thousands.

Think out of all the sports, love the t&f the most. Generally easier to get the good shots, the kids are pretty much doing individual sports, and there's some variation to avoid getting bored.

BTW, GREAT shots!