My daughter the photographer

Finally got my daughter interested in taking some photos. She doesn't quite have the eye that my son has, but at least she can move the focus reticle around and get us in focus!! I'm still working on my wife.

Not bad for a first shot with a D200 and the beast. Try to ignore the funny looking dad.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You have the right idea Mitch! get them into it when they're young!
She did great! :wink:

G
Thanks, G. She's already asking for her own camera.

She did well Mitch and caught a nice picture of you and your son. You both clean up very well. :smile:
Thanks, Gordon. Don't be fooled by the clean shave and the suit!

I agree Mitchell, not bad at all for her first try with a big chunk of camera and lens.

She did pretty well with this combo. She's never been keen on using my D2X. The D200 works pretty well for her.

I think she did great! My girls are starting to enjoy using my D70 that I don't use anymore. I kept it just for them. I think that once they learn how to use a DSLR they will never want anything else.

It is a very good start Mitch, especially considering the fact that she was able to handle the heft of the 'beast' on the D200 and get a decent shot. I have saved my D70 for my daughter and she accompanies me to my son's soccer games. I let her shoot with the 18-200VR and she has surprised me on more than one occasion with her composition and shot selection. She is currently taking a photography class at school and learning B&W shooting and film development/printing which reminds me of my photography days 25+ years ago.

She's got a good eye too, Mitch :smile:

Shave and a suit? Hmmm, I've got to try that myself sometime :wink: . You guys look great.

Not bad indeed especially for a 1st-timer, Mitch. I am trying to get my kids to take it up too so that if I do get more gears I can say that I bought them for my kids. :biggrin:

Great shot! My youngest daughter will be a high school junior next year and I just discovered that she signed up for photography as her elective course. I couldn't be happier. I told her that if she really likes it I will take her on a photo vacation. Hope that motivates her.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom