My daughter was on a Photography Podcast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    My daughter, Amber Vest, used to be an active member of the cafe. I know that some of you remember her. She has made quite a name for herself in our area as a portrait photographer. She actually recently started working as a studio photographer for an online clothing company doing photos of models for their clothing line. So, she is limiting the number of clients she takes on for her portrait photography. Today she was asked to participate as a guest on a photography podcast. I thought she did a great job. Maybe some of you would be interested in her tips to get a great family portrait. She even gives me some credit in her opening remarks about how she got started. Episode 11.

Small Town Camera by Jon Leask on Apple Podcasts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Great news! It is good to hear when photogs get recognition. I'll listen to it tonight when I am not at work..

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I hope you like it, Beagledog!!

4. Techno Terri! :D
    How great is that!

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Funny!! I'm really not that good, but google is my friend and I can usually figure things out.

6. Hi Terry, I remember Amber well and enjoyed having her share her images here on the Café. I just listened to her podcast and certainly found it interesting. Her images here on the Café were always interesting and fun and I feel like I got to know her and her family through the pictures that she shared with all of us. Thanks to you and to your introducing Amber to this wonderful skill set we call photography it sounds like she has continued to progress and expand this love into an occupation. It's nice to see our children embrace something like this and push it into new horizons.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    It's so nice that she has been able to find a way to work and be a very involved mom as well. It has worked out so well for her.

8. That was very well done. Though I don't do families and people, I did listen and can appreciate her tips. She is so articulate and enthusiastic--part child psychologist, part family organizer, part fashion consultant and more. Pass on my best to her.

9. Oh, this is so cool, Terri! I definitely remember Amber and it's nice that she is doing so well. I'll do the podcast a little later this evening when I finish catching up with other things.....looking forward to it!

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I will. Thank you for your kind words!!

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    How nice of you to take time to listen. I'm pretty proud of her. She is super good to me!!

12. You received credit that is well deserved.

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, Les.

14. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Listened, Tell her it was excellent. You should be proud Techno Terri! Was interesting hearing about and recalling her history, and brings back fond memories of the twins.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 9:17 AM
  15. Exciting! I remember when Amber was just starting out. She garnered a lot of support and advice here on the Cafe. Her growth and talent with her portraits was undeniable. Unfortunately, she got too busy and drifted away from this place. She has a lot to offer and could inspire others here with her talents.

16. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Congratulations to Amber! I wish she was still participating here. Seems she learned a lot and made herself a nice name in the area. Happy to see that.

17. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Very interesting Terri.

Will you give me a hint where I can find some of her postings here in the Café, please?

Kind regards
    Klaus

18. search for photographymom

19. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Thanks a lot Mitch. :):):)

I couldn't find her postings under any "Amber"... (n)

Kind regards
    Klaus

20. Congrats to Amber and to you for helping introduce her to photography. Glad to hear she is doing well. Hope all your family are also well. Merry Christmas.