My daughter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyflash, May 15, 2005.

1. My daughter Diana assisted me at the wedding shoot for my granddaughter. Her assignment was to capture the candid's and creative images and I was to concentrate on the more formal poses. For those of you interested in wedding photography I thought you might like to see Diana's gallery. She just started in photography a year and a half ago and already has surpassed me in many aspects. It is a humbling experience for me to look at her work.

This is Diana

This is her work

http://homepage.mac.com/dianawq4/CatenWedding/

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Thanks Paul, I will pass that on to Diana. I will also invite her to frequent the forum even though she shoots on the dark side of cameradom.

4. Great shot Gordon. You have a beautiful daughter!! :D :D :D :D

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow Gordon, you sure grow 'em pretty!

Diana has an excellent gallery, the color vs Black and White thing is really creative. And yes! encourage her to participate here - although we are the premere Nikon forum it's good for us to have plenty of other camera shooters around to remind us "It's the photographer!" As you well know, ;) .

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    WOW, she did an awesome job. Those with the ones you did combine to make a great wedding set.

7. Fiddledy sticks :p. You're proud as a peacock... and rightfully so!

Between her shots and yours, the bride and groom have been given a family treasure as a wedding present. I'm sure they're going to be delighted!

8. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Gordon,
    Thanks for sharing your lovely daughter and her great gallery with us.

And definitely, we need her with us... she'd add a lot...

Congratulations to you all for a 'job well done' .. What a treasure all those pictures are...

Gaye

9. Bryan, Chris, Todd, Frank:

That was so nice of all of you to take the time to look at Diana's gallery. I am proud of what she has accomplished in a short period of time in her photographic venture. You are all good friends and I value your opinions.

10. Hi Gaye, thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I will try to get Diana to come onto the forum. She is a very busy gal with one teenager and a 12 year old. The bride should arrive back home today and I am sure we will hear from her soon. Diana brought a whole new perspective to the wedding pictures. Sometimes a woman's touch is just what is needed. Of course you already know that.

11. Beautiful daughter, and she takes beautiful pics!!! Move over Dad, and keep a close eye on your gear!! LOL She's doing exceptionally well, esp for 1.5 years! She certainly has 'the eye'.

12. I will keep my lenses locked up when she visits. :lol: :lol: Thanks for your comments Sandi.

13. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Yep, good stuff as always.

And I still think she's hot. :D :drool:

Neil

14. Hi Gordon....
    I thought I better post a note to you. As I just did something that I normally don't do...
    I went to your daughters site and looked (close) at every image she has.
    I was very pleased to see a wonderful "EYE" being displayed in many shot's and one can see that this lady will create many WOW shot's in the future.
    I even sent her a note telling her what I thought... Darn I never do that either...
    Well done Gordon... you better be darn proud.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gordon,

Job Beautifully done by both you and your Daughter

16. Your funny Neil, of course your talking about her photography right? :eek: :eek:

17. Wow, that is a compliment Doug. I will tell her to treasure that note. Thanks a bunch.

18. Thanks Gale, we both appreciate your kind words.

19. Here's the scary part, Neil. Look at the picture of Diana, and then look at Gordon's avatar. They look very much alike.

So do you think Gordon's hot, too??? 8)

20. Gordon

She's talented, you must be very proud. And thanks for sharing
    your family albums with us. The photos send a warm feeling all
    the way across the Pacific. Makes my day.

Thanks