My daughter

Discussion in 'People' started by ponykilr, Jun 11, 2007.

1. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    Sometimes I just go through pictures and remember the story of each one. I went through some of my daughter tonight. Erica was an answer to prayer. We were childless after 13 years of unsuccessful pregnancies and procedures. Then, after several miraculous events, we were parents of a ten year old angel. I am so proud of her, I just wanted to show her off a little.

She is my best model, my best buddy and best treasure. I just wanted to share a little of our story and a few images of her with my newest friends here. Thanks for indulging me.

riverpicsoriginal13copy.

View attachment 100259

View attachment 100260

View attachment 100261

View attachment 100262

2. Some beautiful captures!
    The softness in the first one is great.
    The hair flying in the second one adds a great effect.

3. technick

technick

Jun 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    The first one is wonderful, the second is good though could of been a better pose.

4. Well, you got the old guy a bit choked up first thing in the morning. #3 says it all for me.

5. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice story, and very nice images. I love the image with the sunglasses - very warm.

6. Lovely series Paul. It looks like you were made for each other, you all are very lucky!

7. #3 is my favorite, great shot! These are lovely, you and she are both blessed!! :biggrin:

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I am not qualified to comment on any technical aspects of portraiture because I have little to no practical experience, but my heart says that each of these images is a masterpiece. There is no greater gift in life than to enjoy quality time with your children. She is a beautiful young lady as is depicted in your images. Very well done.

9. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    I'm lovin' the last one... might make a cool monochrome with that wall texture though I do like the color... love vintagy feeling stuff :)

Yup, and that third one... way cool. Hell, if it got the old guy goin' ;)

I like color and comp in the first.

10. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    You guys are great. Sorry about the lump Czechman:smile:

11. Very beautiful! Touching story. I love #3 and #4. All are very nice.

12. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Ponykilr those are great shots and a great story! Lighting and color is excellent. Congratualitons on both!

Little Cub

13. Paul, you have really captured the essence of your lovely daughter. Well done.

14. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    Thank you all:smile:

She has me wrapped around her finger.

15. Wonderful images, the third is my favourite.

16. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Very nice story and wonderful pics of your beautiful daughter.

Love the fishing shot.

Regards,

17. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    That one isn't a staged shot either. I introduced her to fishing (I go several times a week and chase multilple species) and she is an addicted young lady. As a matter of fact, she is down at the pond where that picture was taken as I type this with my nephew(same age) netting minnows and trying to break the world record for bluegill or red breasted sunfish:smile: She has been known to stay out all night with me in an aluminum boat(fighting hungry skeeters and 80% humidity) after flathead catfish.

thebigone5x7_DXO.

Here is a pic of my bro-in-law holding a 55lb flattie.

View attachment 100264