My daughters band concert

Discussion in 'People' started by mike mac, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Kerri had her district band recital last night, the kids are remarkable and sounded so well. Tough shooting in the auditorium. These we shot with the D2X and 70-200VR handheld from the seats. The first and last are with the SB800 the rest are at either 800 or 1600 ISO. So tough getting good shots all kids are blocked by music stand and tough to get nice clean shots. Well here are a few
    Kerri before the show
    [​IMG]
    Kerri, she is first clarinet
    [​IMG]
    During a break
    [​IMG]
    Some of the other kids

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Band Director retiring after 43 years with the school district
    [​IMG]

2. very nice!

3. Mike...these are real nice...all of them...Question for you...How do you get your pictures so sharp? I have been trying every which way and I can't get them right.. Do you use PS or another program and what sharpening settings do you use?

Thanks a lot,

4. Hi Mike,

Kerri is really growing up to be a very pretty young lady. These images of her band concert are really nice with good color and sharpness. Congratulations to her for being first chair clarinet, a position I found myself in at her age. I hope music will always be a big part of her life.

5. Very nice images Mike. Your portraits of Kerri always make me smile, she lights up a room I'm sure.

6. These are great. I particularly like the lighting and composition of the baritone sax player.

Boy did these take me back to my childhood band days! Thanks for posting them.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images Mike :>)))))

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Nice shots.....brings back memories (Baritone & Alto Sax)

10. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Lovely shots Mike!!

11. Very nice series Mike. #5 is exceptional.

Don