1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My daughters last HS Fastpitch softball game

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    She's a senior. They were one game away from playing in the state championship game, but came up short. Still, they played really hard, and won the North Division of the state. We're all proud. That's it for my daughter, except for the State Allstar game, for which she was a selected. A real honor.
    Next year, if she plays..it will be at college somewhere.

From Saturday

1. My daughter in white gets a hit
    2. same play after hit. She hit it to outfield, safe at 1st.
    View attachment 260710
    View attachment 260711
    View attachment 260712
    View attachment 260713
    View attachment 260714

2. nice shooting Jeff...

3. gonna miss seeing these images Jeff. What is next?

4. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    thanks Chris...
    I was off that day, hard to concentrate. They actually played one more game after this, and I just sat down and watched. Mixed emotions.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks.
    What's next for my daughter is college..and maybe college softball. A couple of schools are interested in her.
    For me, I'll keep shooting football (varsity & jr high), soccer, baseball, track and maybe some HS softball, but just local stuff.

6. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Jeff great series as always I have enjoyed watching your daughter through your pictures and your development as a photographer-- Thanks for the post and good luck to your daughter what ever the future holds

7. Know how you feel about seeing the end of the road. 5 and 6 are real winners, good luck to her on the college search.

8. Great series I am a sucker for the outfield shots

9. Great stuff as usual Jeff. One chapter ended, another one starts.

Hopefully we'll See Ya soon.
    Dennis

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi

Thanks very much.

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks.
    I think she will be just fine. She's got a tryout tomorrow (1st look) in fact at a local college.

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Mike.
    I was forced into the outfield (behind fence) ..no field access here. I did what I could with D300, 300 f/2.8 and 1.4 TC.

13. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Well put Dennis. It's not the end of her story, just the beginning of another chapter.

14. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Nice work Jim. Congrats and good luck to your daughter in the coming years.

It's tough to see them grow up. My youngest went off to college this year. Man do I feel old.:frown:

15. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Rod.
    I have an older daughter in her last year of Nursing school. My HS senior daughter, and my "baby" is in the 9th grade.
    Seems like they were little for so long...then wham...one grows up, then the domino effect.
    Part of life. They're good kids though. I know they will all do well in life.

16. ibcj

ibcj

Dec 19, 2006
    New York
    #6 is great ! All eyes (hitter, catcher & ump) focused on the ball.

17. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Jeff those are great shots.

18. cbarnes

cbarnes

Sep 6, 2008
    MS
    jeff

good stuff man - i always like your stuff - didn't i meet you at the pillow - parklane baseball playoff last spring?

gotta keep hating prep.....

chuck

19. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi

Chuck-
    Thanks for the kind words. Were you the guy who wouldn't leave his D3 for me to test? :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.