My dendelion of the year !

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, May 1, 2007.

1. As usual, i just can't avoid shooting these !

D200 + Tamron SP90 - 1:60 @ f/16 - ISO 100

original.

Cheers,
    J-P.

2. Such an ugly eyesore in my yard... yet so beautiful in this picture.

3. Is that an American spelling. I have not seen it before. We have Dandelion.

Excellent study of a beautiful seed head.

Bob F.

4. I can understand, I also think dandelions are very pretty (as is your photo)

5. No, that is Suisse spelling :biggrin:

Excellent, J.P.!

Cheers

6. HA HA bloody HA! I wondered where you had sneaked off to and now I know.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bob F.

7. JennJenn

JennJenn Guest

Very nice! I should post a couple of mine I have played around with.

8. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Beautiful!

9. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

terrific JP. There's an American artist who made a career off produicing stainless steel sculpture not that much different.

10. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Nice shot J-P! I#m still struggling to get such clear shots with my Sigma 105. Perhaps I should trade it for the Tamron...

11. Thanks Antony, Victor, Harry, Jenn and Yvette !

Hi Bob ! Harry is correct: it's (crooked) Swiss-french spelling ! (guess i should have checked my dictionary, but well...:redface:). BTW, in french, we call them "dent-de-lion", wich means "lion's tooth" !

Hi Mike ! Yep, they allways remind me of these ugly "optic-fibers lamps" of the seventies, like this:

original.

...fortunately, Mother Nature gets much better results :tongue: !

Hi Mart ! I bought my Tamron SP90 five years ago, together with my "old" Fuji S2 Pro ! I first tested the Micro-Nikkor 60 mm. f/2.8 and found it fantastic, BUT a bit SHORT for my type of shooting, so i tried the Tamron..... and never looked back !

Unfortunately, i took about 10 pics of these, and the following day, we had a very strong storm, so the wind blown them all away :frown:... Never mind, next year at the same time, there'll be more :tongue: !

Cheers,
    J-P.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a good one JP
    I have never been successful shooting them
    I think they are pretty as a flower or fuzz

13. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest