My dendelion of the year !

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, May 1, 2007.

1. As usual, i just can't avoid shooting these !

D200 + Tamron SP90 - 1:60 @ f/16 - ISO 100

original.jpg

Cheers,
    J-P.

2. Such an ugly eyesore in my yard... yet so beautiful in this picture.

3. Is that an American spelling. I have not seen it before. We have Dandelion.

Excellent study of a beautiful seed head.

Bob F.

4. I can understand, I also think dandelions are very pretty (as is your photo)

5. No, that is Suisse spelling :biggrin:

Excellent, J.P.!

Cheers

6. HA HA bloody HA! I wondered where you had sneaked off to and now I know.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bob F.

7. JennJenn

JennJenn Guest

Very nice! I should post a couple of mine I have played around with.

8. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Beautiful!

9. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

terrific JP. There's an American artist who made a career off produicing stainless steel sculpture not that much different.

10. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Nice shot J-P! I#m still struggling to get such clear shots with my Sigma 105. Perhaps I should trade it for the Tamron...

11. Thanks Antony, Victor, Harry, Jenn and Yvette !

Hi Bob ! Harry is correct: it's (crooked) Swiss-french spelling ! (guess i should have checked my dictionary, but well...:redface:). BTW, in french, we call them "dent-de-lion", wich means "lion's tooth" !

Hi Mike ! Yep, they allways remind me of these ugly "optic-fibers lamps" of the seventies, like this:

original.gif

...fortunately, Mother Nature gets much better results :tongue: !

Hi Mart ! I bought my Tamron SP90 five years ago, together with my "old" Fuji S2 Pro ! I first tested the Micro-Nikkor 60 mm. f/2.8 and found it fantastic, BUT a bit SHORT for my type of shooting, so i tried the Tamron..... and never looked back !

Unfortunately, i took about 10 pics of these, and the following day, we had a very strong storm, so the wind blown them all away :frown:... Never mind, next year at the same time, there'll be more :tongue: !

Cheers,
    J-P.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a good one JP
    I have never been successful shooting them
    I think they are pretty as a flower or fuzz

13. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

very nice J-P ....i have one simular, hope u don't mind me sharing
    ...cool subject considering they're somewhat bothersome weeds ..lol
    474210089_61b9949975_o.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.