My dog Grace!

Well technically - she's my girlfriends dog but seeing as we're moving in together - she'll be my dog soon enough too....

she's a 10 month old Potcake....

Potcakes are indigenous dogs found on several Caribbean islands, namely the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos. Potcake is a name derived from the food caked on the bottom of the pots that the Bahamians cooked in. Bahamians would feed these leftover cakes to the stray dogs of the islands, and eventually, the dogs came to be known as Potcakes.

Although Potcakes display a wide variety of characteristics, they generally share certain physical traits due to their isolated gene pools. Each island's gene pool is slightly different, accounting for the variations between islands. The typical Potcake has a smooth, short coat, little or no undercoat, a long snout, and floppy ears. Colors vary widely, including black, white, yellow and brown. They generally have the same temperaments: laid-back, smart, good with children, other dogs and cats. They usually reach 45-55 pounds when full grown, although some of the smaller potcakes only weigh in around 40.
and is learning how to play fetch!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Art - she's still got some 'issues' she needs work on but I hope that's all part of the puppy phase (I'm a cat person so this whole dog thing is new to me)

Years ago when my then girl friend moved in, we each had our own dogs. I was active, and loved backpacking, and she wasn’t that physically active. My dog was older, and not as active as me any more. Her dog was younger, and very active, so we kind of adopted each others dogs.

I’m still in the beginning stages of becoming a cat person. Cats are certainly a different animal.

Yeah I have 2 cats myself...so we're trying to get them used to each other before we force them to all live together hehe - my smallest cat Addie (8 pounds) will totally rule the new place - she already stands her ground against Grace (35 pounds).

hehe thanks guys - she was trying to sniff the cat

Grace really just wants to play with the cats but she doesn't know how to (they don't play like other dogs!) and in fact my other cat always hides under the bed when she's around. Addie (the one in the picture) isn't afraid of her and has swatted at Grace and charged after her a couple times hehe.

we love potcakes!! hah we played with the ones we met while in T & C the past couple summers

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom