My dog loves the boat

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by senna, Jun 23, 2007.

1. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    We spent a week on the lake this past week. My dog senna loves the boat. The photos where she is attacking the wake is traveling down the lake at 20 - 25 mph. She has fallen in the lake many times, But allways comes back for more.
    Hey how aboat we go out on that boat

[​IMG]
    Shot with NIKON D200. at 1969-12-31

Now this is what I'm talking about a nice ride in the boat

[​IMG]

Hey whats this wet stuff

[​IMG]

Hey back off this is my boat ride

[​IMG]

Well I deserve a nap after a boat ride

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol
    Cute.. Like the ride not the water..:>))))

3. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Gale thanks for looking. She realy does not like the water. but gets mad if she is left on shore when we go out for a ride.

4. hey there senna,

i know just what you mean about being left behind. i have 2 sister jacks and they hate it. they love the hose, but hate the bath. they are my kids.

great pictures.

laurie

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are silly , aren't they:>))

Gotta love em

6. Fun, wow!

Dogs do love the excitement of boating.
    Good seaman dont allow any thing to bow ride as the consequenses of an accident can be fatal and gory.
    id be inclined to attach a safety lead to a harness like a dog setbelt or lifejacket.
    When disasters strike in my local harbour the dogs always make it ashore, even when their human companions drown.
    Not trying to put a dampner on your post, just a reflection of being a coast guard crewman for 7 years.:Sheriff:

7. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Laurie thanks for looking. JRT's Are a fun breed with great personalities. She is treated as part of the family.

8. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Doug thanks for looking and the concern. But that is the stern of the boat not the bow. when she rides there for short periods of time and wearing a vest she is treated as any other skier etc. observer is observing and flag at the ready.

I,ve been a boater my entier life (46 years) I believe in having fun but safety must come first, when something bad happens you cease to have fun. I have tought my kids as my dad tought me to know you vessal and the passengers aboard. That being said I am aware accidents do happen, but we do our best to prevent them.

9. Good on ya, mate!
    I like the cut of that dogs jib.
    We dont want to end up in Davey Jones locker...
    Your boat, as seen in your other post looks great.....

10. Senna is a very cute JRT!

When do you plan to strap on the skis? :eek:

Thanks for posting
    JohnG

11. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    JohnG Thanks for looking. Skis, not sure about that but she has ridden on the tube. I see you have a couple JR's Thats double the trouble, I have a tough time keeping one in line.

12. Brings back happy memories for me! When I was a teen spending summers at my grandparents' cottage, our family dog loved to go out on the old mahogany Chris-Craft with us. Shelby would ride the hatch (which was at the center of the boat), ears flapping in the wind, happy as could be.... She'd watch while I waterskied behind the boat and she'd watch as we swam off the boat....but her favorite thing was just riding around the lake. This was many years ago and it was a small lake in Pennsylvania where there was not a lot of boat traffic except on weekends. It got to the point where if for some reason we wanted/needed to go out in the boat without Shelby (if we were going to visit friends and tie up at their dock, for instance), we'd have to spell that it was time to go get in the B-O-A-T and make sure Shelby was safely secured in the cottage as we hurried out to the dock and took off....

Somewhere I've got a picture or two of Shelby happily riding that hatch....

13. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Connie thanks for looking. Is't funny, we have to be carefull about the word "squirl". I'd like to see a photo of Shelby as well as a photo of the Cris Craft. Old wooded boats are cool. I still see a nice one around here and there.

14. Cute dog and cute pics and story! I grew up with sailboats and can't remember if we ever allowed - 1 dog - my sister's doberman on board. Now, Sam was funny! Thanks for sharing!

15. I will have to take a look through my albums to see if I can find the photo(s) I remember and scan them in....that would be a hoot! The boat was a beauty,a 17-foot mahogany old-timer that was at least 30 years old then....broke my heart when my parents sold it and bought, of all dumb things, a silly pontoon boat! Well, they were getting older, I was no longer around to waterski behind the boat and Shelby had crossed the Rainbow Bridge....

16. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Dianne, thank for looking.

17. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Looking through old albums can be time consuming. A pontoon boat:eek:

18. Never quite forgave them for that....a PONTOON BOAT!!! :biggrin: It was my father's idea. He enjoyed putt-putting around the lake.

Eventually the cottage itself and that pontoon boat became memories as well, when my parents sold them....