My Dog Scooter........

DSC3323Frame.sized.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

at the Seatlle Kennel Club Agility meet last weekend, on her way to her Open Title in Jumpers with Weaves. Actually this first is from her first Standard run. Not only did she qualify in all 4, but took first place in all 4 runs this weekend, a record in itself.

Here she is in the final run, Jumpers with Weaves:
DSC4469Frame.sized.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

More images from the meet can be found in the Sports forum. Oh, yeah, indoor meet, crummy light, shot with the horrible, sucky, high-noise D2H. I just don't know how I can stand it............ :wink:

Enjoy....

Hey Bill, fun action pics...Scooter can sure scoot.

But even better is the fact that you are here. Some of us were really worried about you.

(BTW - What's the origin of your posting name - In South Africa, Retief was an Afrikaans language (based on Dutch) settler who colonised the interior of South Africa)

Thanks, all....

it is good to have some time again.

Peter, you are the second person from SA to ask about Retief. The first explained, when I asked about the connection, that Piet Retief was one of the original settlers. But that has nothing to do with it. Nor am I a fan of Retief Goosen, the golfer. For me it is Jame Retief, Intergalactic Diplomat Extraordinaire of the Corps Diplomatique Terrestian....a character created by Keith Laumer, who was a foreign service member in his former life. Retief's claim to fame is that he just ignores all the beuracratic BS around him and gets the job done. Started reading this at a very young age, and some claim it has obvioulsy influenced my adult life :lol: . Heck, even I can see the influence......

As to the agility, I have to give a lot of credit to Nancy, my wife and Scooter's partner and mentor. Agility is a real gas to watch. I have seen just about every breed run, it is quite amazing. The Terriers are a pretty tough bunch to train. Many of the top agility dogs are Aussies, Shelties and such, as they are not only natural workers but faster than all get out. I have even seen breeds I never knew existed before, such as the Shibu Inu.

Fascinating, and a ton of fun.

Thanks for the comments, I'll pass them on to Scooter and Nancy as well :wink:

Retief,

I may be in the minority, but Laumer's Retief was the first thing I thought of when I saw your handle.

Great pics of Scooter. If I had to name my dog based on what he does most often, he should be named "Sleeper".

cmpalmer said:
Retief,

I may be in the minority, but Laumer's Retief was the first thing I thought of when I saw your handle.

Great pics of Scooter. If I had to name my dog based on what he does most often, he should be named "Sleeper".

A man of rare wit and obviously good taste in great literature :wink:. OK, maybe some wouldn't call it "great" but the stories sure are a hoot, aren't they?

Ours sleeps well over her share of the time as well, but she knows when it is time to go out and work, and she really loves it. My wife trains with her every Friday night, and she gets depressed if it is bad weather and they can't get out. You'd be surprised, I'll bet your "sleeper" would get right out there and scoot along as well.

Thanks,

Latest threads

Top Bottom