My Eclipse Photo

I live in southeastern Idaho and my town was in the direct path of the total eclipse. We have been hearing about the event non-stop for weeks on our local news. Much preparation was taken by our small town to prepare for the large crowds expected to come. Many locals called it the Apoc-eclipse. No one had any idea how it would effect the area and we were all encouraged to have food, water, fuel, etc. for two weeks on hand. The arrival of all the visitors went smoothly and travelers trickled in over the past week. I think now that everyone is leaving there are some traffic problems. But, all in all, I think it went well. Now as far as photography. I gave it some serious thought and decided that since I would probably only see one total eclipse in my lifetime, and the totality where we were viewing was 1 minute 57 seconds, I wanted to be able to enjoy the experience and not fiddle around with my camera. So here is my only eclipse photo taken more than an hour before totality. My husband had to work, so I spent the experience with some people who are pretty special to me. Eight of my 15 grandkids. The eclipse was too awesome for words, and no photos could ever do it justice. Hope that my mind can remember it forever!! I look forward to see all your awesome photos of it!!
_DSC2356.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We were in a 96% eclipse. Spent the day at a friends place just north of town. Looking at the eclipse through protected binoculars was a treat. Only managed a couple of iPhone pics of our fellow eclipsers. Like you I sought the experience over the chance for a fuzzy badly exposed picture. Love your shot.

Real Name
Ralph
I really like your photo.Your subjects are great.I watched it on Nasa and it was really something to see.I think there were 4 different locations where they showed the eclipse.Nasa is showing it again right now.

We were in a 96% eclipse. Spent the day at a friends place just north of town. Looking at the eclipse through protected binoculars was a treat. Only managed a couple of iPhone pics of our fellow eclipsers. Like you I sought the experience over the chance for a fuzzy badly exposed picture. Love your shot.
Glad you were able to enjoy it, too, Nick!!

I think you were wise to photograph your family and not bother with photography during the height of the eclipse. I'm hoping to see the one in 2014 when the path of totality passes through much of upstate NY.

I think you were wise to photograph your family and not bother with photography during the height of the eclipse. I'm hoping to see the one in 2014 when the path of totality passes through much of upstate NY.
From what I hear you guys will get a much longer totality time than we did. Should be wonderful!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom