My Entry for the Dirtiest Sensor Award?? - Lake Myvatn, Iceland

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by bobhoge, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Does this photo win the award for the dirtiest sensor ever seen?:confused::confused:

166252089-L.

NO! :wink: The sensor is ok, "Lake Myvatn in English is "Midge Lake", and it sure lived up to its name. Those are all Midges (maybe we need a new category here "pesky insects" :biggrin::biggrin:)

More of the lake (and more Midges)
    166251984-L.

It was a very scenic place but the Midges were everywhere... they did not bite, but they were in your nose, ears and mouth if you opened it. Sometimes the camera would focus on them rather than the scenery:
    166252304-L.

These guys were not having any fun either:
    166251510-L.

This entire area was covered with a lava flow that left thousands of little spots per acre for water to sit and make homes for the Midges:
    166251913-L.

There were dark swarms over each of those little puddles and they just piled up on the ground. We took a hike of about a mile (it seemed like 100 miles) and this was a view straight down at the ground by my feet:
    166252221-L.

If you ever go there be sure to take a headnet, it would have really helped.

All the Midges make great food for the birds, fish, and ducks around the lake, but they are falling behind on their eating!:eek:
    Bob & Nan

2. With all those little black bugs buzzing around my head, I think I would have lost my sanity!!!

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Good images to test automated speck removal software:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

You just quenched my desire to visit Iceland, Bob.

4. Hi Bob,
    Fortunately we only had the problem at this one location. Our local guide said it was not anywhere near that bad the previous week (I suspect they tell everyone that:wink:)

Bob

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Hey Bob,

by the way even though I haven't commented much, enjoying your pics from over there.....

I understand abou those sensor "bugs" I had the same problem on a shoot of a local bridge by the river (can you say millions of mosquitos!, I eneded up cloning out over a thousand specs from the image, it was amazing how much the camera pics up when shooting with a good dof.

cheers,

Wade

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow
    nice shots