My family shot

Pardon the clarity (and the mixed lighting) - I interpolated for print 16X20 and resized for web, try as I might, I could not control the cloud cover - but you get the idea.
Waterton%20Family%20picture%20web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
What a cute family! And you look so relaxed without your tie. ;)

So did you set the self timer and rush into position, or did someone else push the button. I bet the former.

Chris101 said:
What a cute family! And you look so relaxed without your tie. ;)

So did you set the self timer and rush into position, or did someone else push the button. I bet the former.
Funny enough, I inputted the setting set it to remote and had someone hold the camera at the appropriate distance, and they still managed to get a foot into the frame. But since my kids will not sit still for even a second, I was grateful none the less.

Chad, you and your wife are very lucky. The love and warmth you all have for each other shows in this picture. What a great little family. Print this and hang it on the wall....or better yet....send it out with Christmas cards!

Philippe Roger said:
Very nice Chad! Perfect use of the fill flash, and what a great expression on everyone's face: a happy family, happy to be on a vacation together... and it shows! :p
It is lucky, because it is my only real keeper with my now returned sigma 30 f/1.4. Too bad, I had such high hopes for this lens. But, it is good news for Nikon as I will not consider another off brand lens anytime soon...well except perhaps the tokina 12-24 f/4. I just want a 50mm FOV that focuses fast and accurate and has decent bokeh. It that too much to ask?

Chad Gladstone said:
It is lucky, because it is my only real keeper with my now returned sigma 30 f/1.4. Too bad, I had such high hopes for this lens. But, it is good news for Nikon as I will not consider another off brand lens anytime soon...well except perhaps the tokina 12-24 f/4. I just want a 50mm FOV that focuses fast and accurate and has decent bokeh. It that too much to ask?

How about the 85mm f1.4 it is excellent in both categories.

greyflash said:
Chad Gladstone said:

How about the 85mm f1.4 it is excellent in both categories.
I am hoping for an afs VR version, but if the specs are true on the new D200 (cam 2000), it will be my next lens, however it is still too long for indoor available light - I need a 30mm badly.

Beautiful family, beautiful portrait

You did an excellent job on this one. It is a picture to be treasured. Where is the location of the shot? Looks like a wonderful place to visit. How did you have your flash set up?

Latest threads

Top Bottom