My Family

Discussion in 'People' started by Tomerrifc, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Finally! I have been trying to get my family out to the beach to do an updated portrait for our Christmas card. I had to finally tell them if you don't go I'm just going to get me a new family. :) It worked!

Let's get goofy!
    View attachment 15910
    Soft

2. Very nice. My favorite is the second one.

Hard to believe 3 months from today is Christmas Eve! :eek:

3. Thanks Brian. It's really a chore setting the timer and then trying to get in the picture, get set to pose, smile and everything else. Whew! After about 5 or so of them baby's I was dying. :) And yes, Christmas is just around the corner. So you better get busy making those plans!

4. This is a very special series Ty. The pictures say a lot and it is all good!
    Dave

5. Hey Ty, thanks for giving us a preview of your Christmas card. Now I will know what to expect when it comes. :wink: :wink: Only kidding of course. You have a nice selection here and several of them would work well. I would brighten them up just a bit though. If you need help, send me a PM and I will be glad to help you.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Ty, you have a really nice looking family. It warms my heart to see a family together. Thanks for sharing!

7. I agree with greyflash on this. Some brighting up would even make these photo's better. You have done a good job it looks so simple to use the timer. But getting good photo's to is something very hard to achieve. And on these photo's you did a good job. And i think you all had fun for sure.

Do you use a D70? If so you could add a + 0.3 EV to brighten up your photo's. And if i was you i would take the help from greyflash. I bet he can give you information that some off us maybe love to hear! We must wait until christmas to get that information as gift from greyflash :tongue: :biggrin:

On this forum it is all year christmas because of the kindness and helping people/friends.

Greetings and say to your family they look good on photo's so you don't have to look for a new family!!!,

VinceBeus

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice snaps, Ty. A beautiful family I might add!!! Did you have to mention Christmas in three months!!! :eek: I have started a trend of going a bit crazy buying that special something for my wife and daughters. Last year, I sent my wife and oldest daughter to Vegas for a Mom/daughter bonding weekend and my younger daughter received her first cellphone. The year before, they all received diamond ear rings plus the wife got an anniversary ring. I have no clues yet about what's in store for this year's special gift...but I am beginning to stash a few extra bucks away in preparation.

9. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I love the spontanity on the photo "let's get goofy" :smile:

Roosje

10. Hey Dave,

Thanks a lot. We had fun making these images. That boy of mine is a real cut up. The relationship he has with my wife is unbelievable. We are so proud of him. He is an honor roll student. I keep my fingers crossed!

11. Hey Gordon,

Thanks for the offer to help me brighten them up a bit. I finally checked my camera settings and wasn't surprised to find that I had not reset the +0.3 setting from shooting a football game in the sun the last time I used the camera. I can touch them up before I have any prints made. I'm pretty cool with brightening them. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2005
  12. Hi Leigh,

Thanks for your kind comment about our family. We try really hard to spend whatever time together we can with me always working. The pleasure was all mine!

13. Hey VinceBeus,

I used the D2X and the 50mm f/1.4 D with a Cokin Soft Filter fo the soft shots, without the Soft Filter for the sharper ones. Those of my boy were shot with the D2X and 85mm f/1.4 D no filter.

I agree with you about it being Christmas all year round with how wonderful it is to have guys like Gordon offer to help. I'm sure this community wouldn't be what it is without it.

And yes we had fun indeed!

14. Hey Frank,

Thanks for your kind comment about our family. And sorry about the Christmas deal. :smile: Good luck with choosing something special for the wife and your girls!

15. Hi Roosje,

We love the opportunity to get goofy. That is the one thing we really do well. I've been seriously thinking about using that one as the one for our card! :smile:

16. Ty

Nice images.

Enjoy the family. The children seem to grow up very fast these days. You turn around and they have families of their own.

Russ

17. Hi Russ,

Thanks. No kidding they grow up fast. It seems like just a little while ago I was holding that big ol' boy in one hand the day he was born.