My Father in Law and Radio Popper fun...

Out in the forest with my wife's backup Sig. Just came back from the factory and it still jams.

hps-2266.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Should have bought a Glock :biggrin: So how are the RP's working out?

john....
i'd NEVER trust my LIFE to any Glock...
it's KIMBER for me...

a public-domain/from kimber.com usable image
i've gotten permission from them before to show it

large_ultra2.jpg

but.... this is what i'd really like
another.... non-copyright image
the smith & wesson 460es

163463_case_sm.jpg

Did someone say Kimber? :biggrin:
Roy19.jpg

that's a beauty above....
no better 1911 on earth
shoot straight, right-out-of-the-box

Thank you. And here is it's big brother... :biggrin:

Eclipse.jpg

Ah yes - the venerable 1911. I shot IDPA competition for several years and trained with many different instructors. For most of that time I shot Kimber and Les Baer 1911's and loved them. But that also taught me that if a gun absolutely, definitely, had to go bang . . . it needed to be either a Glock or S&W revolver.

It also taught me that as good as the 1911's felt in my hand, I shot faster and more accurately with a 9 mm Glock. So for me, it became a choice between fewer, bigger bullets, or more, smaller bullets delivered faster and more accurately :biggrin:

I carried a Sig P228 for a nuber of years. It was a great weapon. Now days it's mostly my G36 but I also have a soft spot for Kimbers. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about her Sig troubles. Don't want a failure to feed at the wrong time. Good luck getting that sorted out.

you're absolutely right about the glock but Dallas PD has a sig only policy. They have a contract with sig.

Love the poppers.

Thank you. And here is it's big brother... :biggrin:

Eclipse.jpg

even more awesome
forgetting about price for a minute (because, kimbers ARE more expensive... and very much worth it)...

give me 100 Glock shooters..... and let them use a kimber
100 will be instantly converted
i have no doubt.. :smile:

even more awesome
forgetting about price for a minute (because, kimbers ARE more expensive... and very much worth it)...

give me 100 Glock shooters..... and let them use a kimber
100 will be instantly converted
i have no doubt.. :smile:

No they won't. Like I said earlier, I've shot with custom 1911's that make the Kimbers look cheap, and I still shoot the Glock better. They are not attractive, and they don't feel as good in the hand. But they work. Every time.

Tuned 1911's are great guns, but when they get dirty they tend to start malfunctioning. Bury a Glock in mud and I bet it will still fire.

And as far as the safety goes, the Glock is a very safe weapon - safer probably than a tuned 1911 where it is very easy to click the safety off and with a trigger that may only require a couple of pounds of pressure . . . For that matter, a revolver has no safety other than a double-action trigger pull. Like the revolver, you actually have to pull the trigger to fire a Glock.

your point is well-taken, john
glocks are nice
folks like them
and i realize that a nice kimber is 2-3 times more money
but... in guns, you often get what you pay for
so, i suppose it's ok to "expect" more from the kimber

I carried a Sig P228 for a nuber of years. It was a great weapon. Now days it's mostly my G36 but I also have a soft spot for Kimbers. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about her Sig troubles. Don't want a failure to feed at the wrong time. Good luck getting that sorted out.

Thanks! We'll make sure she's safe. She is a cop that actually works and that means her she can't second guess her backup.

What's she pushing through it? is FTF, stovepipes, FTE? what's she using for Mags?

KimberScmimber. My CCW:

s_DSC2821.jpg

I have a question about the RP. Can you use the transmitter with the built-in flash running as a commander? I'd hate to use up a fairly good SB800 just as a commander. Thanks in advance!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom