My favorite Clematis

Just a couple of shots of my favorite Clematis in the garden.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

Tojor, I love the first, but the second bothered me when I first looked at it yesterday. I think I finally figured it out. I love the soft colors, but, for me, there's not enough distinction between the yellow and the petals. If your editor allows it, try selectively increasing the saturation of the yellow. It doesn't take much to provide some saturation contrast between the petals and the yellow. [I wanted to go out and look at our clematis, but, alas, it didn't survive my treatment of the area with Roundup:redface:.]

Thanks Bob. I see what you mean and will certainly try your advice. In the meantime let me show you one from last year. Is it something like that you mean? I have the feeling that it maybe has too much contrast.

original.jpg

I tried to saturate the yellow a little bit. Here's my attempt.

original.jpg

Thanks Bob. I see what you mean and will certainly try your advice. In the meantime let me show you one from last year. Is it something like that you mean? I have the feeling that it maybe has too much contrast.

I agree.

I do like your second version of the original photo -- maybe just a touch too much saturation in the yellow, but that's why we all have our own cameras and PP software:biggrin:

Thanks for taking your time Bob. By the way you shouldn't use Round Up. Spoils to much of the environment. :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom