1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My Favorite Figurine

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Ken-L, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

95323523_ce6e41f7a7_o.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2006
  2. Cute figurine and you have photographed it very well. Thanks for sharing.

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Thanks for the comment!

4. I like the "modelling" that you've achieved here.

Capo di Monte?

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

This one is by D. Bonalberti, Italy.

(I do have one Capo di Monte piece)

6. Hey Ken.

I noticed you said you have a Capo Di Monte figurine? I have two that were made around 1880. Lovely 14" ladies. I collect figurines also. I have lots of Lladro, Armani and Bavarian porcelain. Would love to see some of yours.

Regards,

7. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

The Capo Di Monte piece I have is not a figurine, it's a decorative oblong bowl. I've had it for about 35 years, and have no idea how old is was when I acquired it. I like these pieces, but am not a collector......I removed the figurine photo from Flickr just the other day.....

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ken,
    I keep getting image not available :<(( Tried yesterday also. hummm

9. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I put the photo back.......

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Ken,

Well I can see why it is a fovorite.
    Nice job on the image :>)))))

That is a great figurine... Bet that has been around for awhile. Don't see them very often. Or at least I don't.

Thank You

11. My Capo Di Monte Figurines

I named these ladies Abigail and Madelyn. This is before Capo Di Monte became known for the green and yellow, cherubbie type porcelain.

[​IMG]

Hey Ken, thanks for resposting that. He's cool. Looks pretty comfortable. Nice capture too.

Regards,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.