My Favorite Forum - For Sale Forum

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by nykonian, Jul 9, 2007.

1. nykonian

nykonian

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Since I joined the Cafe, I found myself constantly checking on the "For Sales" forum... and my Lens Lust Disease keeps gettin' worse and worse. Anybody else had this kind of experience? Darn.. I need to stop...

2. Better contact your doctor. I think you have a strange disease! I think it's highly contagious also.:biggrin::biggrin:

3. Yes, every time I look at the forum I find something I need to buy... too bad the CFO doesn't give me an unlimited camera budget to work with :Wink:

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Chris K., you just need to prioritize!

5. Agreed. I finally figured out what I needed/wanted to cover my necessary focal lengths. Then I spent countless hours researching the lenses I was considering. Once I had my choices narrowed down, I started purchasing them - one at a time. Occasionally, the Lust flares up, and I think I need something else, but I always seem to return to my original list. Now my biggest problem is finding time to shoot. Fortunately, lenses don't have an expiration date - but they must be used occasionally.

6. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    The disease certainly goes beyond the 'want' for some of us.
    It seems researching until our eyeballs are ready to fall out is part of it as well.
    And after spending all that time I think, "Why don't I just go out and take pictures instead?"
    And then...a new lens comes out and it's time to play the woulda, coulda, shoulda, game.

7. The List is Never Complete...

I thought I had my list covered but only had one crossed off. Then came all the bleeding about how nice the 35-70 is; with a discontinued notice to hurt that much more. Soooo, ordered the 35-70 and will probably not want the 85/f1.8 anymore as the 70-200VR is/was/kinda on the list (probably end up with the 80-200 as the price difference is significant here in Canada). But next up will be the Sigma 10-20 (it was supposed to be next until that darned 35-70 showed up on the radar!).

Keep lusting!

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I thought I had all I needed and now in the NEED for a wide angle. Have a job I can't shoot(right). GRRRRRR
    I guess the sig 10-20 would work.
    Oh well..Where is the winning lottery ticket when you need it.

9. Oh gaaawd don't tell me there's a for sale section, am not having any trouble spending money at the moment as it is without yet more temptation being put in my path. Still, i suppose there is a bright side to this, by the time i've got enough posts to enter it i should have been able to save some money up. :biggrin:

10. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

A few more posts and I'll be able to see it. Then I'm sure going to have the same problem as you!

11. I'm a card carrying member of LLDA (lens lust disease anonymous ) and have been in remission for a short time but have found myself buying other items so, am I cured yet? :smile: absolutely NOT.:eek:

12. Yup, and it's not just lenses. There's bodies and other things too. Oops, a bag just snagged me today. Forgot the Other accessories.:biggrin:

13. I want in!!! :frown:

14. vadimg

vadimg

May 23, 2007
    ny, ny
    I justify buying used lenses by telling myself that I can resell them at any time for pretty much what I paid for them. It doesn't help me spend less money...

15. There is a "for sale" forum??? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it under the FAQ's...duh :redface:

16. Yep. You have to have 25 posts and be a member for 30 days before you are allowed in, I think. I'm almost there!!