Critique My favorite image of the outing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll likely be ecstatic once they mat it the way they were supposed to mat it.
UGH!!!!!!!!!!
The second time they matted it the results were even worse, probably not because they did anything wrong but probably because of a breakdown in communications between them and me that none of us suspected. When they matted it the third time, I could immediately tell at first glance that they had matted it using wrong dimensions again, exactly the way they matted it incorrectly the first time. The department manager had even signed the back of the frame that she had inspected the clerk's work, which was either a terribly inadequate inspection or an outright lie. I'm working only with the store manager now.

I brought the piece home and hung it on the wall until they call me to let me know that they have a new mat to try for the fourth time. I like it as is but will like it even more if they eventually mat it using the dimensions they're supposed to use.

The photo this one replaces
I have a small house with no more wall space available to hang additional photos, so I had to replace a photo. I feel as if I've committed sacrilege because the replaced photo is a famous one signed by Cartier-Bresson. It's the following photo: https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/286639

Last edited:
UGH!!!!!!!!!!
The second time they matted it the results were even worse, probably not because they did anything wrong but probably because of a breakdown in communications between them and me that none of us suspected. When they matted it the third time, I could immediately tell at first glance that they had matted it using wrong dimensions again, exactly the way they matted it incorrectly the first time. The department manager had even signed the back of the frame that she had inspected the clerk's work, which was either a terribly inadequate inspection or an outright lie. I'm working only with the store manager now.

I brought the piece home and hung it on the wall until they call me to let me know that they have a new mat to try for the fourth time. I like it as is but will like it even more if they eventually mat it using the dimensions they're supposed to use.

The photo this one replaces
I have a small house with no more wall space available to hang additional photos, so I had to replace a photo. I feel as if I've committed sacrilege because the replaced photo is a famous one signed by Cartier-Bresson. It's the following photo: https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/286639
Good choice, I like your's better! :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It turns out that the person I thought I would be communicating with was the assistant store manager, not the store manager. The assistant dropped the ball and when other clueless people got involved, including an arrogant store manager, I gave up, took a 100% refund and will have another company undo the frame and cut the mat properly. The new company's website even advertises that they fix problems caused by other framers.

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
It turns out that the person I thought I would be communicating with was the assistant store manager, not the store manager. The assistant dropped the ball and when other clueless people got involved, including an arrogant store manager, I gave up, took a 100% refund and will have another company undo the frame and cut the mat properly. The new company's website even advertises that they fix problems caused by other framers.
I sure hope they get it right! What a frustrating experience...and waste of time.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom