My Favorite Panoramas of Autumn in Central Park (Broadband)

Wow, superb series. I'm kicking myself for not getting to the park earlier. This weekend might be too late :(

JPS

That Naumberg Bandshell is a nice 360 degrees one ! Did you try to make it as a ROTATING image, using PTGui or other ? Bet it would look nice !?!

:wink:
J-P.

This is probably an incredibly stupid question, but....

How did you do it?

Is it just a matter of taking several pictures, then matching them up on a larger canvas? (Not to say this would be simple, but it would be a simple concept) Or are you doing something more complex that I don't understand?

he may have used Photoshop option

file>automate>photomerge

thats what i use for my image heavy panoramas. it is pretty robust.

BTW awesome Pans... love the composition of them and the colors are wonderful.

JPS

I guess Robert will soon answer, but I'm quite certain he uses PTGui for stitching !

IMHO, PTGui is THE BEST option... much better than Photoshop !

J-P.

How did you do it?

Is it just a matter of taking several pictures, then matching them up on a larger canvas? (Not to say this would be simple, but it would be a simple concept) Or are you doing something more complex that I don't understand?

I guess Robert will soon answer, but I'm quite certain he uses PTGui for stitching !

IMHO, PTGui is THE BEST option... much better than Photoshop !

J-P.

oh... i've never heard of it, what makes it so good?

JPS

Ohhh... it's because PTGui is a program DEDICATED to panoramas, mono-raw, multi-raw or multi-columns or 360° spherical panos !

...there are a few other such programs, like Autopano, Stitcher, Hugin, etc... all dedicated to stitching/mounting different kinds of panoramas, but IMHO PTGui it the most complete one !

If you're interested in "different" kinds of panoramas, just click on "Spherical Panos" in my signature...

:smile:
J-P.

file>automate>photomerge

I am using PS7. I assume this function comes along later?

How did you do it?

Thanks for the kind words. The software program PTgui deserves all the credit. Check it out at www.ptgui.com :)

I'm pretty sure he uses PTGui, but I'll let him explain the details.There's a lot more to it than that.
Yes there is a lot more to it...I hide my gigs and gigs of rejects so people think I am good :)

These are fantastic. These temp me to come to the NYC! Well done!
NYC awaits your visit :)

These are just awesome!

Thanks Logic :)

New York in the fall looks amazing.

Terrific set.

Alvin

Thanks digipix

I just KNEW it was going to be a feast for the eyes when I saw the title and then the poster's name! You never disappoint - wonderful .... all!

Thanks Sandi as always.

Wow, superb series. I'm kicking myself for not getting to the park earlier. This weekend might be too late :(
The leaves are mostly brown and fallen in CP. The colors typically peak in mid october.

cool...very beautiful..I Love the tree soo colourfull
wish I can see it 1day!

Thanks Susandan

That Naumberg Bandshell is a nice 360 degrees one ! Did you try to make it as a ROTATING image, using PTGui or other ? Bet it would look nice !?!

J-P.

Hi JPS,

I leave those super cool 360VRs to talented artists like you :)

Wonderful set.
Love the Gastow (never fail to pay a visit when in NYC). The mall looking south is the best of the bunch. Well done.

Thanks Alex, but to be real honest, they sell the same exact photos on street corners for 5 dollars...HAHA

Absolutely loved these. Central Park is a beautiful place.

Thanks Walter

Even more great work. Didn't know we had two bandshells :D
HAHA Klaus. Every now and then I do these '360+ panoramas to show the transitional zones from the end to the begining.

file>automate>photomerge

Photoshop is pretty decent but PTgui gives you more control and a better stitch IMHO

I am using PS7. I assume this function comes along later?

Time will tell.

Latest threads

Top Bottom