1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My favorite Puerto Rican Bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jczinn, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Just returned from a fantastic week-long trip to Puerto Rico for birding, hiking, and relaxation. Saw plenty of birds and got a few pics, so this is just the start :lol:

This little guy just totally grabbed my heart, he is sooooooo cute! So I took a lot of shots, I was so happy to get some decent ones because he was on my "most wanted" list before I got down there. He's very small, not a whole lot bigger than some hummingbirds. Related to the Flycatchers I think; at least he acts like one. This group of birds (the Todys) are only found in the Caribbean.

All with d100 80-400VR, sb80dx in dark forest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I have been waiting for these

Welcome back Janet, let me tell you this is spectacular the colors are amazing, look how tiny he is. Glad to hear you had a great trip look forward to many more posts.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Janet,

I can definitely see why you are so excited. Shooting the big birdies is really very easy compared to these guys. Since I can't get Rosies and Pelicans up here in North Alabama, I'm about to start an effort to shoot some the of these cuties.... :wink:

Great images!!

Regards,

Frank

4. That color just POPS out. I can see why that is your favorite. :D 

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Wow! What a little beauty. nice captures Janet. all of them.

6. Excellent capture Janet. This is one beautiful bird.

7. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Gorgeous shots of a gorgeous bird Janet!

The little bloke looks like he's about to fly out of the monitor screen.

Neil

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.