1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My Favorite Set In A LONG Time!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by kiz5, Jul 31, 2009.

1. This isn't my best technical set and wasn't really trying to make it be that. Is without a doubt my favorite set that I've shot in a while, probably since my winter football set.

What makes this special for me, is that I had people asking from both teams asking me for the past week to make it out to the game to shoot it, and everyone was asking how much it'd cost for them to get me out there.

So, I responded, and talked to the coaches of both sides. I asked that if 50% of the players were willing to put $10 in towards the 'photo fund', I'd make it out. 100% of them did instead.

Where did the 'photo fund' go? Breast Cancer Research. That was what this game was for, and I wasn't going to even attempt to profit off of this one. Instead, it was a fun few hours of rugby, laughs, and just complete enjoyment. Loved every minute of it.

3775142059_de4c977167_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 388703

View attachment 388704

View attachment 388705

View attachment 388706

3775142369_bee1e423e6_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 388708

View attachment 388709

View attachment 388710

View attachment 388711

View attachment 388712

2. actionshooter

actionshooter

Aug 26, 2008
    NY
    Definitely a worthwhile cause and looks like it was a lot of fun for everyone. Great idea and nicely done.

3. Adrian,
    What a terrific idea!! :biggrin:

I love the unis and the blue mouth guards...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

As the spouse of a breast cancer surviver, this means a lot to me and if you don't mind I am going to steal the idea and try to organize a similar event here in Kazoo!:smile:

BTW: How did you handle the prints? Offer them for free or ask for an additional contribution...?

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
  4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very well done, totally loved it.

5. Great idea - looks light it was a blast.

6. you are a good man and these are great shots !

7. What a scream -- I'm laughing and crying at the same time! Priceless!

8. cadetrv

cadetrv

Mar 30, 2009
    Southern NH
    Awesome cause...but Im a little scared now.

9. Thank you everyone!

In regards to the prints, I uploaded all of the photos to my site, with cropping down. No watermarks were added, and any and all photos from the game have the ability to be saved. From there, they can all print as they want.

10. Adrian,

Very generous of you to donate the fund to Breast Cancer Research ... nice photos too but I wish I could see the look on Darren's face when he sees these rugby shots! :biggrin:

Great job.

Brent

11. Adrian, what an awesome way to support the cause. Thanks so much for doing that and for sharing the photos. They are absolutely the best. My favorite is the team shot.

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Great set indeed! Very well done, and for a great cause!

13. Thanks guys!

The game managed to bring in $3000 more than it ever had previously. One can only hope that it keeps coming in, more and more every year.

14. Adrian many kudos on a very worthwhile endeavor and great job.

15. Adrian those are awesome dude!
    Finally, a place where all those bridesmaids dresses can be put to good use. :biggrin:

16. I love this. They look great too. Both the shots and the girls.

One question. How did they know who their team mates were without stopping to look?

17. Sweet set for a great cause this is what it is all about

18. photobrad

photobrad

Oct 1, 2008
    Florida
    very cool...and even a cooler idea!!

19. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Adrian, what a hoot... nice images and nice cause. you are to be commended!

20. LuisC

LuisC

Jun 9, 2009
    Florida
    Luis Casals
    Cook pics, got a good laugh. I am sure it was a heck of a good time. Thanks for sharing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.