My favourite race car pictures untill now

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Johan, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi Guys,

After posting my first topic, the VLN-race at the Nürburgring, I was running through a few albums on my hard disk. Then came this thought out of the bleu, I wanted to share my most favourite race car picture.

About the picture: This picture is made during the 24-hours race at the Nürburgring this year. This was one of my first shots of that day. This BMW is a M3 GTR which means that it is powered by the 5L powerplant out of the M5 and pushes out 500 bhp :) (They even use a car like this one at the ALMS; American Le Mans Series) This car is from BMW Motorsport and it was driven by Lamy Pedro, Said Boris, Huisman Duncan, Priaulx Andy.
    Maybe the most coolest thing of all is that the BMW Motorsport Team has won this year's 24h race with this car :D

Note the position of the wheels, this car drifts its way through the corner (swalbenschwanz)

http://users.pandora.be/jokke1/Photography/B.Cars/24-hours Nurburgring_2005/Nr 2 BMW M3 GTR 1024.jpg

I'm very very pleased with the result and quite pride.

What is your opinion, feel free to tell me! Any tips?!

Regards

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Johan,

I have to agree. This is a most spectacular shot. You nailed it. There are so many things about it that make this a cover for a racing mag.

Well done!!

ps can you add the img tags at the beginning and end of the link so it will show up in the cafe?

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice capture, Johan. You were certainly in the right place for that shot. Outstanding work!

4. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi johan-

very nice photo. i always like it when there's another car in the background versus a single car as it adds to the feeling of the cars being in a race and not just time trials.

keep posting, auto racing is a subject that i love but rarely get to do.

ricky

5. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Patrick means like this:

Code:
    [img]http://users.pandora.be/jokke1/Photography/B.Cars/24-hours%20Nurburgring_2005/Nr%202%20BMW%20M3%20GTR%201024.jpg[/img]
    And yes, incredible capture...you nailed that one!

Cory

6. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Thanks guys for your positive reply in general

@ Patrick Bramlett

I will pay attention to the ""-function in my future posts, good for letting me know. And thanks for what you have said about my photo 8)

@ Cory

Thanks a lot for the extra info, I'm not that familiar with all the functions when it comes to forums. So, I geuss using the [Img] function uploads the picture directly on this forum, it is shown in my post then.

Cu next time and until then ... keep shooting them 8)

Regards

7. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Yes, if edit your first post with the IMG tags, your photo would look like this...

[​IMG]

8. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Due to updating my webserver I accidentally deleted the file

I re-uploaded it again ... much better now :D

[​IMG]

In lovely high resolution just the way I like it.

Regards

Johan