My first attempt at linking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JC, Feb 1, 2005.

1. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    [​IMG]

I can't compete with the quality and number of bird photographs posted here, so I'll try to just outnumber you. This was taken on <gasp> film but it was over 10 years ago, so that's OK.

Cape May, New Jersey - 1994

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Oh course film is okay!

Even though the clairty of the shot is lacking in my opinion it does have a neat effect. Kind of abstract birds I guess. The quantity of birds in the shot makes up for the little things. It has a sense of caos which is cool.

Thanks for posting.

3. I don't think you will win the "outnumber" game....

DSC1943Frame.

This was a view at 700mm from about 40-50 feet, a rather small part of the whole flock :) . This was processed using Rory's script to add the EXIF and frame.

4. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Count 'em up, Bill, I think it will be close. Remember, each blurred figure in mine is a bird.

I also had a shot with a quicker shutter speed, but I liked the blurred effect better because my other one didn't have the overlapping that your does.

Wish I could see eagles like that.

Joel

5. How about we call it a tie :?: :wink: Isn't it just incredible to see this many in the air at one time? I wonder how they all flap their wings without running into each other. I did not have time, nor the presence of mind, last Sunday to grab my D70 with an 80-200 mounted to get some wider shots. As it was, this was not an "aimed" shot at all. I had just gotten the camera hung on the tripod when this started. I have AF set to AF-On on the back, so I held that down with my thumb with my finger mashed on the shutter button and blasted away, just panning with the flock. Must have looked pretty funny, no eye to the viewfinder.

6. If it is a numbers game, I'll throw in this one, no flying allowed:

13737604-M.

King Penguins, South Georgia

Enjoy,
    Bob

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    My Numbers Game Submission

This is from the day that the swallows decided to leave Capastrano.....actually it was Plum Island at the Parker River Wildlife refuge in Newbury port MA this past September for their annual migration south. It was amazing because for weeks there were thousands upon thousands of them all congregated on the roads in the refuge (as to why they congregated on the dirt roads I have no clue) and then one cold morning while I was shooting, they all left at the same time......