1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first attempt at Quadtone

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by TeeSquare, Jul 21, 2008.

1. The print looked nice, I'll have to try this on more of my B&W stuff :smile:
    7587012-lg.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I was heavily involved with b&w photography during my years of using film so I am kind of biased when I say that I like this shot very much and the effect looks great. For my taste, I just will add a tiny bit of contrast with curves although I admit that is only for my taste and most probably not necessary.
    I have had my difficulties with b&w and the computer. The tonalities I used to see with film are not present with digital although I am using now a new conversion method and a service bureau that prints optically to my taste.
    You have a great shot here!
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

3. Thank you William, I printed it on a Canon ipf 6100 on Harman MATT FB Mp Warmtone paper and it turned out as close to a fiber based selenium toned print as I've achieved. In some ways it looks better than what I used to get in a real darkroom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.