My first attempt at smoke art

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Mart61, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are all great:))

3. These are terrific, I really like the last two! How did you paint that second last one? I know you inverted it, but getting all the colours mixed together?

4. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Thanks for your compliments. And Sandi, I use the lasoo tool in photoshop with a feather of around 50 pixels, draw shapes around the areas I want to change the colours of, and then adjust the hue and saturation. It takes literally seconds to do.

5. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Great! #4 is super!

6. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    That's pretty cool.
    Do you just get a dark background and flash, light cigarette or candle, and click away? Do you try to manipulate the smoke in any way?

7. LizBug

LizBug

Mar 3, 2006
    Atco,NJ
    now that is cool. great shots.

8. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    very well done

9. Chris, I've read/heard that the best smoke comes from incense cones. Denser smoke. Make sure your room is relative stable as far as air movement.
    I've been meaning to try these, but they're "on the list of things to do" and I'm working my way through it.

Mart61, thanks so much for sharing your technique. Generous of you.

10. Very interesting, one more thing to try. I used to see those colors in the 60's, no need for Photoshop then. Next off, rainy day I will try this.

11. i really love the negative ones

12. Very nice and quite creative.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.