My first attempt at street photography

I met up with Hubby and Emilie last evening at a Starbucks in a small city (80,000 people). Thought perhaps there would be quite a few out and about b/c it was so nice, Friday night, etc.

Well, not too many people around and I just couldn't muster up the courage to photograph a bench full of college kids who were sitting directly behind me. Seemed too awkward to turn around, snap a photo and then return to conversation with hubby. :eek: :redface:

On the way back to the car, I did manage to sneak a shot of this couple, who were sitting to my left. I think maybe it will be easier for me if I'm out walking around and continue on past my subjects, versus sitting right near them.

78657284.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here's a cheater shot (but it was taken on the street!): George with Emilie :tongue:
View attachment 95259

You are much braver than I am, Gretchen. I still don't have the nerve for street photography.

I love the one of Emilie and her daddy....I can see the caption now...."See Daddy, I'm little now, but if you go ahead and start saving, you can buy that shiny red Porsche for me when I turn 16. Vrrrroooom Vrrrroooom!!!":smile:

Ah, no question, Emilie's already got Daddy (and I'll bet Mommy, too!) already wrapped around her little finger..... :smile:

Yeah, street photography is a bit tricky and does involve a certain amount of sheer nerve..... It's easier with a small P&S or a small rangefinder camera than a honkin' SLR and lens, that's for sure!

You are much braver than I am, Gretchen. I still don't have the nerve for street photography.

I love the one of Emilie and her daddy....I can see the caption now...."See Daddy, I'm little now, but if you go ahead and start saving, you can buy that shiny red Porsche for me when I turn 16. Vrrrroooom Vrrrroooom!!!":smile:

I'm not sure I have the nerve for it either!! But I'm so fascinated by people's shots that I want to try. I'm hoping that somewhere busier (like Boston or Worcester) will be easier than Newton.

And strangely, that would be the key to the BMW M3 that she chose (as opposed to the dangling Expedition key). :eek:

Ah, no question, Emilie's already got Daddy (and I'll bet Mommy, too!) already wrapped around her little finger..... :smile:

Yeah, street photography is a bit tricky and does involve a certain amount of sheer nerve..... It's easier with a small P&S or a small rangefinder camera than a honkin' SLR and lens, that's for sure!

I shot these with the Beast, and out of habit, had the hood on. Wondered if I shouldn't remove the hood in order to *maybe* be less conspicuous. :confused:

Latest threads

Top Bottom