My first 'behind the plate' attempt

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by nipprdog, May 10, 2007.

1. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Baseball started this week, and I shot my first game of the year on Sunday. I haven't had the time to post on here lately because I've been busy shooting, processing, uploading, etc. What have you guys got me into?? :biggrin:

So far, so good. having fun, got some orders already. :biggrin:

Back to Sunday. a coworker's son plays on a travel team that had a game close to home. his son is one of the best pitchers in the league, so I wanted to try to get some good pics for him. however, conditions could not have much worse. bright, overhead sun, and 25-40 winds. :eek: :eek: and the wind was blowing the dust right through the backstop. :mad: so I spent most of my time along first and third base.

but I did brave the elements for a few minutes though. I put a filter on my lens(shhhhh) and went behind the plate. due to the conditions, I only took about 20 shots. but my buddy's family, and I are happy with what I got. here's a few;

DSC_4500copyw.

DSC_4506copyw.

DSC_4511copyw.

DSC_4516copy2w.

DSC_4518copyw.

Thanks for looking

2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

i love the last one !

3. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Nice shots Jim. I know what you mean by "what these guys got us into"..haha.
    What lens did you use on these shots?

4. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks,Topher. that one and the first one are my two favorites.

5. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Brian. forgot that, didn't I. my 80-200 2.8.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice series Jim....welcome to the world behind the backstop! Keep up the great work and don't be so busy that you can't find the time to post down here with us.:wink:

7. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Frank. I sure wish the weather would have allowed me to spend more time behind the plate. since that game, I've been shooting Pinto and Mustang, that use the pitching machine.

I'll try to manage my time better so I can spend more time here. it is a nice place. :biggrin:

Can't wait till Saturday's game.........T-Ball begins!!!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: