1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first Butterfly

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by robthelucky, Aug 5, 2009.

1. I am still in my first year of photography... so please don't hold back on your critique. Here is my first Butterfly shots shot with my D200 / Tamron 90mm Macro.

DSC_0095b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 390330

All of these were shot in the daytime, hand held and by an eager amateur.

2. Good start Rob

The second one is quite nice. In the first one the butterfly is too centered and the background isn't as nice as it could be. In case you don't know, it's a Gulf Fritillary

Larry

3. Thank you so much! I did not know what they were... my garden is infested with them. They can be a real pain to capture... I decided to camp out and wait and sure enough they came back around.

I appreciate the feedback... your comments have been added to my notes!

4. Nice shots. I really want to get that tamron 90mm macro lens.

5. I really like the lens. I don't have a pro's eye but I love the fact that it is fast and produces sharp foregrounds and perfect blurry backgrounds.

I got mine second hand for just under $300 and feel like I got a deal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.