1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first Candid street shot with the D700

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by DoubleR, Aug 12, 2009.

1. DoubleR

DoubleR

Jul 20, 2009
    South Wales
    I'm new to the D700, recently coming over from Pentax. I've been hanging round the old forum too long now so thought it about time I made an active participation here at the cafe.

Street photography isn't natural to me as I'm not bold enough, I spotted this scene however & am quite pleased at the result. Taken with an adaptall 80-210mm (manual focus on the D700 is so much easier than my previous k20d)

3801298778_999b85a45f_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Critique, good or bad, is always welcome.

2. Congrats with your D700!
    I like the street shot you made, looks very nice in b&w, and I like the motives, makes me wonder what they are looking at. About the street photography; there won´t be long before you walk the streets with a 50 or 35mm. I "walked the walk" from 70-200 to 35mm myself, and I know it feels a bit scare in the beginning, but just practice and get use to the camera, it´s fun! :wink:

3. Great shot! BTW, I love your shots of the Cwm Cokeworks.

4. DoubleR

DoubleR

Jul 20, 2009
    South Wales
    Thanks both, I've got a long way to go to 35mm I'd say ! Big balls are needed for real dynamic street stuff.

SB = thanks for checking out my Flickr, those cokework shots were about me getting to know the D700 for HDR & also time to experiment with photoshop. I've learnt a fair bit.

5. SeanMartin

SeanMartin

Sep 24, 2008
    Watkins, CO
    Made me laugh.

6. Cool shot. What are they framing?

7. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Wonderful shot!

8. DoubleR

DoubleR

Jul 20, 2009
    South Wales
    They were shooting a Vinage transport rally parading past.
    I had one eye on the rally & one on them. When they lined up like this I had to take my chance between vehicles.

9. Old cars, old cameras and old men add up to one great shot. I wish I had a D700. Perhaps its time to bust the piggy bank.

10. k-beer

k-beer

Feb 9, 2008
    Toronto
    Fantastic shot !!!

11. IanT

IanT

May 14, 2008
    London UK
    Ewe are really getting the hang of it! - :biggrin:

(and yes, I've looked at your Flickr............)

12. Love the shot and your courage, obviously was not taken in Swansea you still have your camera.

13. DoubleR

DoubleR

Jul 20, 2009
    South Wales
    Thanks all for the encouragement, I think I'm gonna like it here.

14. Go on spend the children's inheritance.

15. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Great capture

16. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Excellent!

17. Gandi

Gandi

Jun 3, 2009
    Southern UK
    great shot.

18. That's a great shot! Now you've really made me wonder what those guys were trying to photograph!

19. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Great capture!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.