My first Candid street shot with the D700

I'm new to the D700, recently coming over from Pentax. I've been hanging round the old forum too long now so thought it about time I made an active participation here at the cafe.

Street photography isn't natural to me as I'm not bold enough, I spotted this scene however & am quite pleased at the result. Taken with an adaptall 80-210mm (manual focus on the D700 is so much easier than my previous k20d)

3801298778_999b85a45f_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Critique, good or bad, is always welcome.

Congrats with your D700!
I like the street shot you made, looks very nice in b&w, and I like the motives, makes me wonder what they are looking at. About the street photography; there won´t be long before you walk the streets with a 50 or 35mm. I "walked the walk" from 70-200 to 35mm myself, and I know it feels a bit scare in the beginning, but just practice and get use to the camera, it´s fun! :wink:

Thanks both, I've got a long way to go to 35mm I'd say ! Big balls are needed for real dynamic street stuff.

SB = thanks for checking out my Flickr, those cokework shots were about me getting to know the D700 for HDR & also time to experiment with photoshop. I've learnt a fair bit.

Ewe are really getting the hang of it! - :biggrin:

(and yes, I've looked at your Flickr............)

Latest threads

Top Bottom