My first CD cover

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I have pursued the local music scene over the last two years around the Baltimore area where I live. Back in the winter a composer and organist approached me about some outdoor portraits he wanted for an upcoming record of organ music he was publishing. We took about 75 images with several settings and poses and clothing arrangements so he would have a variety from which to choose. He selected three that made it onto the final CD jacket which came out last month. Here is the cover image. I took the photo and someone else did the overall cover design.

[imgn]http://www.roweimages.com/tearsheets/bryan-rowe-cd-LIVE.png[/imgn]

The inside left and right pages of the CD jacket contain two other full page portraits taken that day. I am really pleased with how this turned out and look forward to more projects we have scheduled to do together later this summer. You can see all of the photographs from our portrait session on in this Adobe Lightroom Gallery. Image #2 and #5 in the gallery were used on the inside of the CD jacket.

Thanks for looking. C&C encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Walter Rowe
Thanks Anthony. I think that comes from self-funding the project. I'm sure the music artist got what they could afford using someone they knew. It looks a little better in person, and the inside images are look as nice as the cover. The artwork inside is similarly plain - simple text overlaying the image. It could also be that this was the music artist's desire. It is organ music, after all. He isn't looking to sell out Madison Square Gardens or Wimbly Stadium.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom