My first cup of Hotel Chocolat peanut butter hot chocolate

This new peanut butter flavor from Hotel Chocolat is to die for. Much better than when I added peanut butter to hot chocolate.

Setup
The tabletop is a vinyl floor tile. A small continuous-light lamp and a medium one were immediately to the left and right of the camera, respectively, very close to the scene. A white reflector at the rear brightened the tones in the knife blade. Sixteen focus-bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 were stacked in Helicon Focus at default settings.

Mike 2021-11-23--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
As a kid, I was ambivalent about peanut butter! What happened.....???????????

I now LOVE Reese's.......and chicken peanut satay........now your hot chocolate peanut butter drink has me drooling!

Delightful image, Mike!

Real Name
Dan
Odd man out so far in this thread. Not a fan of anything hot with peanut butter flavor/smell. The smell is too overwhelming when hot. Regarding the image the mug and contents look awesome and the OOF peanuts look like fallen leaves.

Regardless of being fond or not of peanut, I find the image very well execute, with rich colors and subtle bokeh to still make the background contextual, not just a blurry mess.
And the editing: well mastered with clever vignette.
Well done (y)

Thanks, gnarlydog!

subtle bokeh to still make the background contextual, not just a blurry mess.
Special thanks for mentioning that. I focus-bracketed 30 images but used only the first 16. If I had used all 30 images the entire tabletop would have been sharp, so it was a matter of deciding how blurry I wanted it. This look seemed natural to me, allowing the hot chocolate to stand out but hopefully not making the tabletop so blurry that the viewer would have to study it to figure out what the items on it are.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom