1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first D700 shots (Mt. Evans, CO)

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by DrJay32, Aug 4, 2008.

1. DrJay32

DrJay32

Oct 14, 2006
    Colorado, USA
  2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lovely series!

3. as mark said..... very, very nice
    i wish you could directly link a few of your favorites here...

please

4. Amazing shots, beautiful, beautiful land and animals.

5. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Very nice shots...looks like the D700 is another winner for Nikon.

6. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Killer shots, Jason!

7. Jason,

Very impressive!

So, do you see yourself shooting more with the D700 or D3 in the upcoming months?

Glenn

8. Beautiful Jason. You made the D700 sing.

9. Very nice series of pictures, you seem to have the majic touch with it! Thanks for sharing.

10. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    Amazing series - I really like the colors from the mountain pics.

If you do not know what soft-ware to use ... well I could recommend NX2:smile:

11. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    wow, stunning shots!

12. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

stunning sceenery

13. DrJay32

DrJay32

Oct 14, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Thanks for everyone's comments.

-Jason

14. DrJay32

DrJay32

Oct 14, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    It will depend on subject and location. The D700 is a little nicer to use with smaller primes, like the 24/2.8 and 35/2. I do like the integrated grip when using bigger lenses, so the D3 wins there.

My thoughts for the moment:

D300- Dedicated for telephoto work and for times when I only want to bring one lens (18-200VR).

D700- Walkaround camera/travel FX kit, especially with smaller primes. Also backup to D3.

D3- Primary body for landscape/large wildlife work where telephoto reach is not as critical.

-Jason

15. Steinar: Mr. Odell has a CD considered as one of the best teaching CD to learn Capture. He is a well known teacher and photographer and those in Nikon Cafe that know him I am sure are honored having him here. I guess you did not read about his credentials.
    Only one thing, I wish he were more active.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

16. Thanks Jason...

By the way, I really enjoy your Image Doctors podcasts. I always look forward to listening to the podcast every two weeks. You guys do an outstanding job with those.

Glenn

17. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Jason's Book

Jason,

Your Guide to NX 2 is fabulous; I really appreciate it. I think I finally broke thru the wall and understand (and appreciate) CNX 2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.